A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Bones in the DogHouse

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Bones in the DogHouse

Postby johnwalkeasy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:45 pm

From where I stand can't see the back of the house to good. Almost is dark now. Maybe I can move a little more closer. I,ll bet dem boys in de ally is tricking me. That old nut that lives there at never gots no money. Nobody is in there. I.ll
ake that back window.
unlock the door. Find the shoebox where they say the money is at. must be 40 maybe 50 dollars. Wait. They's a dog house over there. Don,t see no dog. But he might smell me. I bets I stinks. Better wait a little longer. Then that dog can't see me. I.ll take my cloths off. wipe dirt all over me. He wonts be able to smell me. Can't see no cat. They can see at night with no eyes. But they can't bark like a dog. So nobody knows.
Let me walk closer now. Let me go slow by this dog house. Don't want to wake him up. Maybe if I peck on the ground, he thinks I,m a chicken or a hen or maybe a big duck, Wait. He might not like chickens. Maybe I walk on my firger tips. He might think I is a 1000 legger. Wait. Hit myseft in the face. Dogs don't think. Dogs are nuts.
I bet day ant no dog here. I bet that nuthead put this dog house here to makes me think they is a dog here. When they ants. They is nothing in that doghouse. wait a min, whats that. Is it a bone. it's more than 1 bone. Let me see he. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ug ug more than my fingers. He eats all the meat. leaves da bones. Boy dats a big dog. I bet got real sharps teeth. Bet da all gots points on dem. What's dat up in dare. It's a grass cuting thing. Gots a motor and a steeing wheel like a car. Why des ant no dog house. it's a little house where people don,t live. But they put stuff in it. Yard kind of stuff. Nothing ant here. Just the grass cutter and the yard tools. And all dos bones.
I think day is man bones. Them looks like heads of mans with no skin on them. I seen um in them book things. Show is a lots and lots of bones. More than ten man's heads. Wait. Wait. Don't want to bkare out glass window. I gots the key. I know now. This is where I live. Ha Ha. I thought I was a nut is the house. But I,m me. And I ant gots no dog.
Oh okay. I need to cover up that hole in that little house. That,s why I,m out here. Let me put my cloths back on. Wait. Let me think. Need a bath. Get all this dirt off. No. Cain't go back in the house. Somthing is in there. It came out of that hole. Don't know why. Gots to cover that hole. Head getting clear now. Somthing hit me. I been out. All those people. 100's of them. Now I remember. Everybodys gone. Nothing but bones. The skulls. The bones. The kinda little skinny legs. The black eyes. Only about 3 inchs long. Maybe 1 inch tall. So many of them. A million maybe, don,t know. Remember when I was a kid. Use to kick the Ant Hills over. Wacth the little ants come out. How the hell did they get so big. Am I the last person left on earth. Bones everywhere. Cat bones, Dog bones, Cow bones, Hourse bones, Human bones. 1000s and 1000s. millions and millions. Am I crazy.
I.m in the middle of my back yard now. The Fire Ants all around. Millions. Not the little things they use to be. They are now as big as rats. They are comming at me from all sides. How long will I last. I tried to shoot myseft with the last buttlet. But only hit the side of my head. Was out for a while. Why did I have to wake up. I wish there one just one more shell left. I hope I die fast. They at me now. My eyes being pulled from my head. My face is being eat. Legs and stings all over me. !000s of stings. 1000s of months with sharp teeth eating me. I see my bone hands. Ants inside me. Eating me from inside out. Why wont I die. Please why wont I die.
And now I know. It will be like this forever. There is a Hell after all. And I,m in it.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:11 am

John, that was scary as sh-t! Your character is a black man, crazier than a sh-thouse rat. Great job, but please, please
eak up the type a little! Paragraphing builds suspense and makes copy easier to read.
E
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:48 am

Your style is original, but your best stories are the ones taken from real life experiences. The last 2 about hell had not much effect on me. Erika
Erika Takacs

Re: Bones in the DogHouse

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Oh! Somthing bit me.
John A. Barandon
johnwalkeasy

Re: Bones in the DogHouse

Postby johnwalkeasy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Well, Ya Know
John A. Barandon
johnwalkeasy

Return to Shoot The Breeze