A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

abstract

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

abstract

Postby killingtime » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:53 pm

What do you think?
Attachments
abstract2.jpg
abstract2.jpg (154.45 KiB)
killingtime

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:58 pm

Killingtime, it's a very nice pattern, you can develop this into your own style. Try to
ing an idea into it and build the pattern around it. It looks as though it's a random form right now. Do some thinking, what would you like to do with it, where would you like to take it. Good luck, and show more of these, Erika
Erika Takacs

Abstract versus conceptual

Postby ronerick » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:22 pm

Your work looks like some of my abstract synthsized images. I would suggest lowering the lightness a bit - to darken the grey background, athough you probably don't need to explicitly increase the contrast.

I don't agree with Erika that it should necessarily be conceptual (or representational) - although that is an option. If you are creating a conceptual work, then I'd suggest that the abstract image(s) used should be carefully selected for its/their aesthetic relevance. When starting with an abstract image, then ask yourself what the image does/suggests aesthetically/dynamically. If nothing emerges, then I'd keep the work abstract, or else consider an alternate abstract image.

Hope this is helpful, Ron.
ronerick

Gallery: View Gallery

What do I think?

Postby Carmelo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:50 pm

I think it looks like some outrageous alien equestrian concept, however, it appears to be made with the use of a program or software or something like that. Forgive my technical ignorance, I do like the image.
Carmelo

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)