A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Some Sketches

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Some Sketches

Postby ~*DaShA*~ » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:51 pm

Here are some recent (within the last few years) sketches I have done. Something I've noticed about myself is I don't seem to like to 'finish' my work, and prefer to leave them in the preliminary, rough and unpolished state. In the past I have been assumed to be lazy, or lack the skills to follow through. Is there anyone else there who is like me? Occassionally I do like to 'finish' the job, but more often than not, the job is finished when the sketch is done. I never really care much about what others think, especially when there is heavy criticism, but what do you think? Am I lazy, or does my work shine at its best in the rough stages? I appreciate total honesty!

Paint Colts:

The 'Finished' Product:

Asian Elephant Calf:

The 'Finished' Product:

A 'Finished' African Elephant:

'Unfinished' Portrait, Venus and Adonis, in the likeness of Johnny and I:

These are just examples, I look forward to your feedback, and to posting more artwork on this site... Thank you all in advance!
~*DaShA*~

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:14 pm

The finshed work is by far the best work I see here. Lazy, We all get lazy. Things happen in our life that pushes to places and feelings. Some are good. Some are not so good. Art has come into your life. Perhaps that has little meaning to you at this time. The time may come that art takes on a differant meaning. Perhaps become the most important thing in life. Perhaps the only thing in life. Perhaps life itseft. If things move you to that. You'll forget about lazy. You'll finish everything your start. You will become an artist.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:42 am

I now think everyone should practice drawing every day!
Your sketches fortify my belief. Very nice. Ehoeveler
ehoeveler

To finish or not to finish

Postby Carmelo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:04 pm

I too, leave many of my drawings in a state one might consider unfinished, yet I often return to them to pick out an element of detail that works in other compositions. In my case, ADD is the culprit and in my studio I usually have several works in various stages of completion. Your drawing speaks well enough for your talent Dasha.
Carmelo

Blog: View Blog (2)

Your drawings

Postby Heidi » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:27 pm

These are nice. I love horses, but have never been able to master drawing them. Continue the good work!
Heidi

Postby niyaah » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:31 am

ur the one like i m ,same thng smtimes evn m lazy,bt d thing is ,my unfineshed work smtimes looks btr thn d finish one ,hah anyways nic sketches ,keep going .takecare
niyaah

Postby DLKeur » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:25 am

Excellent hand you've got. I think you do animals best, though it really is hard to tell with the tiny, tiny portrait. You capture the personality and vitality of your animal subjects, and that's difficult. Great work.
DLKeur

Return to Be Gentle