A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

How is this one?

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

How is this one?

Postby Irina » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:46 pm

Yes, it's simple and about nothing... It is so-o-o EASY to create this type, that I can't help but keep making them...
More complex works requires a lot of concentration, but at the end gives a different, deeper satisfaction. But with this works comes my personal mental TORTURE - I could go around the unfinished canvas for month and month, and wouldn't know the next step! Could not let go, could not finish, and could not do it right at that moment... until one day - ops, and I know what to do next! This never happends when I just draw flowers - my
ush is flying and it feels good at all times!
Does any of you ever feels the same way?
Irina
Attachments
Leaves in the vase, 600x400 pix.jpg
Leaves in the vase, 600x400 pix.jpg (106.48 KiB)
Irina

Postby Erika Takacs » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:11 pm

Yep, it rings a bell. I felt exhausted, spent and unsatisfied with my last sculpture. But I enjoyed working on my simple blob vase a lot. I know you finished recently your lady, a big canvas, so there's nothing wrong with having some fun with your flowers. It's very lovely, by the way! Don't feel guilty about it, it's good art.
By the way, is your lady hanging in that nightclub yet? ERika
Erika Takacs

Postby Irina » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:36 pm

No, not yet. We haven't even went to Vegas yet. In my plans we should talk to the club around Christmas time. The reason is, I have to show them at least 2-3 more to go along with. So, this is the first one of the series. Still so much to do... That's why I feel more like a dog than a cat this days (:
As for creativity torture - before I started painting I had no worries in my head, literary! Life was much simplier. Now I have this future projects in my mind 24-7, my
ain is overloaded...I haven't started selling yet, so I'm surrounded by all my paintings in the house.... they like gosts - hunting my mind, anywhere I look. At the same time I can't take them off the walls...
Of course, there' a good side to the story (it's when friends and relatives stop by and shower you with Ox and Ax! That's the only time it pays off so far... (:
Irina

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:24 pm

Irina, That,s the way I feel when I paint flowers in a vase. No thinking, Just painting. It,s kind of a
ake. You just kind of let it happen. Then It,s done. And now it,s time to think again. But ofcourse, with flowers you can really have fun with the colors. Your work looks very nice.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:17 am

Irina, waiting is not easy, but your talent will pay off in the long term for sure. Hang in there, Erika
Erika Takacs

Re: How is this one?

Postby Kerra Lindsey » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:38 am

Irina wrote: But with this works comes my personal mental TORTURE - I could go around the unfinished canvas for month and month, and wouldn't know the next step! Could not let go, could not finish, and could not do it right at that moment... until one day - Does any of you ever feels the same way?
Irina

Your post gave me a big grin--there are more out there like me--yes! Thank goodness! Portrait work always leaves me going, "uh oh"...and 'What now?!" Whereas fun subjects--ie: animals, flowers, take me to the 'happy place' in painting. No, the results aren't as satisfying, true--but make me smile none the less with a nice result.

I work on several, (okay, probably a dozen or so) paintings at once so my
ain doesn't simply 'shut down' when I get to the 'argh!" part.
:)

Hang in there and keep working!
-Kerra
Attachments
Snipersig6by8.jpg
Snipersig6by8.jpg (167.98 KiB)
Snipersig6by8.jpg
Snipersig6by8.jpg (167.98 KiB)
Feel Free to contact me!
http://www.icansketchu.com
Kerra Lindsey

Gallery: View Gallery