A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Using Facebook as a Website

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Using Facebook as a Website

Postby AliB_Artwork » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:13 pm

OK, I have DeviantArt and a few other "gallery" type sites but I seem to have more luck simply having a Facebook page for my artwork. It's easier to connect with people I know plus new people. My URL is www.facebook.com/alib.designs if anyone would like to check it out. I've looked into the "promote" feature a bit but don't know if it's worth it. Anyone try it or use Facebook much for art networking?
AliB_Artwork

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Using Facebook as a Website

Postby jenn_iam » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi AliB... I too use both DeviantARt and others, but also FB.. I do find it easier to Promote the FAN page easier on there, its worth it if you are looking to get people to follow your work. and potentially want to know where you are going to be showing etc to see your work live.. definitely worth it in the sense of communicating and networking. Plus you can link multiple things to it.. Pinterest and Twitter both will post to your assigned FB page if you want. and so will some blogging hubs.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby rhknigh » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Facebook is Social Media. Pages are separate from your personal profile because they focus on your work or your business. I feel it is still important to have a Hub. A main page. "Official" sites get more respect.

In addition to having an artist profile on Facebook I highly recommend also using GooglePlus and Twitter. Then connect all these back to your main site. If you can find the time, having a blog or Instagram is also a great way to increase exposure. Unless of course, you are not wanting to increase beyond Facebook. I imagine some folks want to limit their audience. Some artists are completely against being on the internet period. To each their own.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26

Postby jenn_iam » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Great suggestions, rhknigh! I too have G+ and Twitter.... they too are great for connecting with the public.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Blog: View Blog (2)