A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Well, I guess I should introduce myself

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Well, I guess I should introduce myself

Postby Teknowizard » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:01 pm

My name is Randall and I often struggle with things like introducing myself so I thought I would begin with a question Joe, the Founder here, asked me the other day about who I drew inspiration from. If I remember right, he was asking about artists but I don't really draw my inspiration from artists except perhaps Picasso.

Much of my artistic concepts are drawn from scientific theory, specifically scientists like String theory pioneer Dr. Michio Kaku, author of Parallel Worlds and Hyperspace. Many of my illusions are the subject of wormholes, black holes, white holes and hyperspace. Link for some of Dr. Kaku's articles - http://www.mkaku.org/articles/index.html for those who might more information.

I have basically no education in art, with the exception of photography. Because of an accident I do only digital art but I love to create and so I have spent the last ten years learning to shift from air
ush to the digital world. I am somewhat limited in software and I intend to invest in one of the nicer 3d modeling softwares someday when I am able to afford it and a stylus pressure sensitive tablet for freehand work. Right now my freehand work is done with a Logitech track ball, not the easiest way to paint but at least I can undo... lol (my hands shake alot).

I use the handle 'Teknowizard' because I think of my art as weaving light & illusion. As a disabled person I deal with many problems, especially with both physical & mental, but there are silver linings even in storm clouds as dark as mine. I get much more time to create than most artists and my mind works in patterns, I even see them when I close my eyes, like a built in screensaver.

I thought I would post my artwork titled 'String Theory' (link below) as a fitting example of my work and my inspiration. Though this is single piece, many of my series are SciFi offshoots of string theory. If you'd like to see more of my work you can just click on the Gallery or Images link below and my www link.

http://asingularcreation.com/Gallery/di ... ?pos=-2889
My Facebook Fan Page - Come join as a fan and/or set up your own fan page.
Teknowizard

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby kazeseka » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:15 pm

Hi Randall,
Glad to meet you. I'm new here, too, and have seen your work. Fantastic work you do! Very mesmerizing!
Carol
kazeseka

Postby Teknowizard » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:32 pm

Glad to meet you Carol. Thanks for the compliment. I'm sorry I haven't gotten to respond to a couple of your other posts... I have someone that offered to help me get a start on properly promoting my art and on my good days, I tend to go in so many directions I'm like a chicken with my head cut off trying to catch up on work I didn't get to do on my bad periods (I deal with PTSD & depression).
Teknowizard

Postby kazeseka » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:44 am

Not to worry Randall, we all do what we can when we can.
Carol
kazeseka

Postby Singular » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:01 am

Hey Randall,
Nice to finally formally "meet" you. It's great to have someone with your energy and love for art with us.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Teknowizard » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:56 am

Thanks Joe,

Yeah, I tend to forget to do things like introduce myself and just plow right in. I have got to say you have designed the layout of all this site very simple to grasp. Good help files too!
Teknowizard

String Theory

Postby Carmelo » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:34 am

Howdy Randal, your String Theory piece has a rather ethereal quality that suggets a ghost dance in space. Curious am I to know how you get a computer/digital image on canvas? Especially one with those dimensions.

Carmelo
Carmelo

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Teknowizard » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:03 am

Hi Carmelo,

A ghost dance in space... I like that and your actually close. String theory would be like a ghostly dance in subspace or hyperspace. It is in essence the strings that hold the universe together and is often referred to as the theory of everything. Portions of it are where wormhole theory comes from and thus the inspiration for shows like Stargate & Sliders, the movie Contact and who knows how many books. I've spent years studying it and I probably don't understand more than 20% of it.

The prints are made by a professional print company called Imagekind. They also have a website for artists to sell their prints through. They have a good solid reputation and their customer service is above and beyond good, which is important to me with my disabilities, I wanted someone dependable.

If you ever wanted to sell prints of some of your works, you can have them professionally scanned into a digital image and then offer them in open or limited editions. My originals I sell only one full size and then on some offer smaller limited or open edition prints.
Teknowizard