A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

What do you think of www.spiritworldprints.com ?

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

What do you think of www.spiritworldprints.com ?

Postby lorenzo » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:36 pm

lorenzo

Postby Singular » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:18 pm

Hello Lorenzo,
Here we go. Forst of all, the art is great. Now let's talk about the web design aspect. I am not a fan of the dark red background, especially against the red text. The image of the eagle and the words is very hard to distiguish. I can not read that wording well. The graphics are not as clean as they can be. There is some white noise around the edges of them. The screen effects and cursor effect are nice, but they distract from the art, which should be the focus of the site. Sorry if I am being overly critical. I just think that your art is so great, the web design should be at the same level.

Let me know if you need assistance of have any other questions about the design aspect from a graphical perpective.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby the_pm » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:34 pm

Hello Lorenzo,

To echo Joe's sentiments, I think the best way to describe my reaction to the site itself is that the artwork vastly outshines the container that's holding it. There's a great deal of depth and character to your art, and I think you mashed it with a site that lacks the elegance and style befitting your offerings. The word-art in the headers should be the first to go...correction, the script that displays your site address next to the mouse should be the first to go! It is incredibly distracting and it obscures your art unless you reposition the mouse every time you want to look at something on the page.

I took a look within the site's source code, and I saw everything I needed to see in one line - Yahoo! Sitebuilder. Imagine taking an original painting you created and framing it in a $10 poster frame from Walmart. I hate to say it, but that's about the equivalent of using a site builder like this.

Your art is sooooo much better than this!
the_pm

Postby lorenzo » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:28 am

Thanks gang,
This is actually my first project. I saw a site similar to mine and took it to heart to design one similar. Thinking back now, the artwork was fitting for the site. youre right, will need to get new software to begin the teardown or do you have a quote for me in designing one?
lorenzo

Postby the_pm » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:03 pm

Hi Lorenzo,

This probably isn't the best place to talk business. There's another forum devoted to this right below. But I'll give you a couple general points to consider.

What functions do you want your site to serve? As a personal site? A business site? A showcase? A show/buycase? If you need nothing more than a convenient gallery to display your art, there are some fantastic scripts that can automate the process for you, many of which have themes already created (though not unique), or for which themes can be made without too much dififculty.

If your needs require professional intervention, that's a whole different area, which tends to take a very visual, experiental medium and turn it into a practical discussion (the practical discussion is necessary to deliver the "Lorenzo Experience" to the visitor). Be prepared to talk about things that have nothing to do with art and everything to do with how people use the Web, how to attract visitors to your site and how to guide them into making the navigational choices that suit your mutual needs.
the_pm

Postby SONIC » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:38 am

:DHey Lorenzo. Hope that the New Year is off and running with a
ight light. I feel, and mind you this is just from my view point that your work
is Beautiful and should not take a backseat to small imagery etc.

Let's just for an instant consider that you are a Spiritual person.
I can only assume that the eagle is a totem for you.
Well, I'm not saying to negate that as it is important. But, is it important to someone who is just trying to find Beautiful art and doesn't have those
understandings of beings and totems etc?

So, here is what I propose:
Let the splash or initial screen have a full bleed image showing the
vastness of the land that you know so well.

A picture Lorenzo is indeed worth a 100 words and I have a feeling if people are pleasantly introduced into your world via one of your powerful paintings then you'll intrigue them.

The graphics are just too heavy handed.
They feel overpowering but not in a good way.

Overall, I would say meditate on who you truly are and
ing that into
your web experience.
Keep It Simple.

Hope this helps Lorenzo. Also, keep things from page to page consistent.
Type, placement, logo, color of type, functionality, etc.
You do not come off as a darker being on this planet.
Show the world your true inner light.
Let the site be a continuation of what you know to be you.
Bring the joy of creation that you feel into the viewers world.
Peace and Light!
BSF
TO KNOW ME IS TO KNOW THYSELF.
JOY IS WITHIN AND WHEN IT IS SO
IT WILL BE NOT ONLY MANIFESTED
WITHOUT BUT FELT THERE AS WELL.
PEACE~ BILL 5ONIC GUIDE
MODERNMYSTERYSCHOOL.COM
SONIC

Return to Show Your Web Site