A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

feedback

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

feedback

Postby aakritiarts » Fri May 31, 2013 12:15 pm

New work.
Any feedback will be appreciated!
Attachments
aakritiarts

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: feedback

Postby rhknigh » Fri May 31, 2013 1:17 pm

Very delicate. At first I looked at it bigger so to check for ants, and see there are only blades of grass. Nice how it draws one in. So it has the element of stirring curiosity. I like the way the light is used on the leaf. As for the turf, I feel sort of like there is a lack of dirt you know?
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26

Postby ehoeveler » Fri May 31, 2013 2:55 pm

What I love is the work gone into that grass. Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Postby aakritiarts » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:18 am

rhknigh wrote:Very delicate. At first I looked at it bigger so to check for ants, and see there are only blades of grass. Nice how it draws one in. So it has the element of stirring curiosity. I like the way the light is used on the leaf. As for the turf, I feel sort of like there is a lack of dirt you know?

Thanks for the feedback!
aakritiarts

Postby aakritiarts » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:24 am

ehoeveler wrote:What I love is the work gone into that grass. Thank You, E

Thanks!!
aakritiarts

Postby Endlessfun » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:06 pm

You want to be an artist.. create art – you know and I know this is boring

Speaking as mr Everyman I am suspicious that Sometimes people throw things up just to see what is said and its total rubbish from the point of of the protagonist [ artist]
So its with a pinch of humility I will give you the benefit of the doubt and you are indeed genuine so I say in advance sorry for my ill temperament but go away and come back with something f**kin meaningful
You have made an empty picture for some technical reason – congratulations- 20 million +people are capable of doing the same. Of course you may have no limbs and paint with your mouth or you may be 10 years or 110 or indeed the Pope or Nelson Mandela.

Technically speaking grass is a tad acidic but the sea frond..[sign] ..Im not going to bother..You have the where with all -stop being lazy - you can do better..

I suppose I shall be banned but so what...
Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself.
Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise.
Homer Simpson - [Not] M.Aurelius actually
Endlessfun

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Well, not banned and certainly you are allowed to state your opinion
but what's 'lazy' about it? That grass is intricate and the leaf has nice shading to it.
Maybe the subject is not exciting but remember, everybody in the whole world
has a different POV and I can see where some would love this.
ehoeveler

Postby Endlessfun » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:53 am

Hmm maybe I was unnecessarily harsh. I always regret in the light of day saying what I think but as it goes I had a wider art creating public in mind.
You are perfectly right -pov and all that. As for the laziness..I was thinking there was enough technical ability on show but nothing was made of it or not enough to make me want to see more.

I think maybe we need a charity appeal:
Dear Readers spare a thought for the people burdened with looking after loved ones gifted pictures unable to sell, give or even throw them away. Spare a though that in these times of shrinking living space can you really afford to lose that space under the stairs..Every picture deserves a home and we at Yukframe [registered charity] promise to set up vast warehouses at the end of the world where unloved works of so called art will find a good and caring home in a temperature controlled environment and soothing music bla bla positioned and poised for the alien tourists market to take off..bla bla..to have and to hold unto the six corners of eternity.

Thank you for humoring me.
Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself.
Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise.
Homer Simpson - [Not] M.Aurelius actually
Endlessfun

Postby ehoeveler » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Ohhhh, this sounds like a sci-fi novel! Great!
ehoeveler