A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Let the fur fly!

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Let the fur fly!

Postby nosdrahciR » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:21 pm

Tell me what you think! Be honest I have thick skin. I can not afford formal training so I resolved the fact that I will make many errors before I create a master piece. So to all you art masters let the fur fly!!!!!![/img]
Attachments
lost2.jpg
lost2.jpg (133.95 KiB)
nosdrahciR

Postby johnwalkeasy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:48 pm

One of the 1st mistakes I made years ago was to think I did not need or could afford schooling. We all need it. Find ways to afford things that are of the upmost importance. I,ll take a longer look at the painting and post an opinon.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby johnwalkeasy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:03 pm

I like this painting. I see ghostly faces. maybe a little monster or two. A few things going on. The colors are good and the work is trying to tell a story. Maybe a sad story.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby nosdrahciR » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:46 pm

That is amazing to me that you got that. I painted this about 5 years ago during a very difficult time in my life. Like I said that's really cool!
Thanks for you advise about training. Do you have any suggestions in the pursuit of training? I have checked out the community college courses but not sure about them. I do go to an artist guild when time permits for an open sketch session. Any suggestions would be great.
a painting is never completed just abandon.
nosdrahciR

Postby behrcsu » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:42 pm

What I like about this painting is that it has a real three dimensional feel for me, almost as if I'm looking at a sculpted surface. The white, especially, feels like it floats to the surface with the intense red on the bottom right appearing to sink into the background. The palette is haphazard, at least it seems so to me.
behrcsu

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury