A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby johncee » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Older worker now retired and live in Australia. Have been painting for some thirty years. Went to technical colledges over a few years doing art certificates, then on to university doing a B.A.Visual Arts degree. Preferred and appreciated the technical schools over the university because of more direct hands on painting/drawing and applicable art theory. Particular likes for the great drawing masters and the colourists.

I see Art as an additional means of understanding the world that is in restless change; that speaks to our feelings and thoughts and/or expresses those. And the deeper penetration and understanding into life. The best book I have ever come across (and support the ideas and use) on Art Theory is: Art is the Cognition of Life by A.Voronsky. This is a superb book and nothing else realy comes close.
johncee

Re: New member

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:00 am

I want to read the book you've suggested, Johncee! And Welcome to this
Forum. Your feedback on all the artwork is greatly appreciated. You encourage
us to 'take it up a notch'. Only one thing missing - your images! We would
love to see them. 'Best, ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:37 am

Hi John,

Welcome to ASC. It's very nice to meet you. I also look forward to seeing some of your art.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby johncee » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi and thank you for the friendly welcome. I love the concept with forums, the participation and social content in the sharing of knowledge. It really helps to get an objective critique, undistorted by emotion or personal bias, where others participate, often throwing up new answers and suggestions - wonderful! As well, I appreciate that the internet is the only genuine democratic forum where all can add to the discussion.
I have had my work in galleries but I got more insights and understanding, (of weaknesses and strengths) by putting them up in coffee lounges first. Suddenly they are up on a wall before all, you could critique them so much better.
At this stage I am unsure as to how to upload the works.
johncee

Postby Singular » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 am

Hi John,

If you want to upload to the gallery and create your own albums, just click the "Gallery" link at the top: http://www.asingularcreation.com/Gallery and once there, it is pretty easy to navigate. You will see gallery links at the top that look like this. Create an album and then upload your files.

If you want to upload to one of the forums to get feedback on your work, you must be in full edit mode. Below the edit form that you type in, there is an "Upload attachment" tab. If you click that tab, you can browse for files and upload.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)