A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Child of Himself - A Portrait of Our Savior Jesus Christ

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Child of Himself - A Portrait of Our Savior Jesus Christ

Postby FineArtShare » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Painted by John Dobson
1997 - Acylic on vinyl - Museum Mint
43" X 65"

This is the first in a series of works titled Lovebeings, a painting that has changed everything. This work was painted as a result of visions, whereby 18 pages of detailed instructions were revealed on how to paint this painting. Obviously this painting is in no way as vibrant or radiant as the vision itself.Yet I can say that my work radiates a special particlized energy, that our sciences have yet, or are only just now coming into a clear understanding with. I knew right then and there that I was to be a master artist. Toward the end of the vision He smiled saying: You shall paint Great Love, and thus Be Great Love in the doing.
FineArtShare

Gallery: View Gallery

Lightning Hands

Postby FineArtShare » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Painted by John Dobson
2012 - Acrylic and tempra on paper - Museum Mint
14-1/2" X 15"

There's an Apache proverb that says: " It is better to have less thunder in the mouth, and more lightning in the hand." Vibrant, multi-colored hands become super charged with lightning fast speed. They glow into action energized with clear intent, combined with the determination of spirited purpose. This dynamic work of art presents a powerful opportunity to help raise awareness of our worlds tribal peoples, and to place your own beliefs into action.
FineArtShare

Sunset Over Cragwold

Postby FineArtShare » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Painted By John Dobson
1997 - Acrylic on vinyl - Museum Mint
39" X 33"

This work of art is a painting of a sunset viewed from the balcony of a historical Lemp Family Estate in West St. Louis County, known as Cragwold. I was compelled to paint this work of art, because at that very moment I was awe struck by an intense feeling of total awareness. God often shares His knowledge this way to me. I recall saying to myself: OMG Einstein was right - he just didn't take it far enough. There's the answer - there's our connection, right in front of our eyes. Of course, I was talking about Einsteins Unified Field theories. Go ahead! Really look at this painting! It's difficult, after a while, to look away.
FineArtShare

Young Girl Wearing a Golden Necklace

Postby FineArtShare » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Painted by John Dobson
2006 - Acrylic on vinyl - Museum Mint
10 1/2" X 13 1/4 "

This is a portrait of my youngest daughter Jasmine. I affectionately refer to her as My Jazzy Girl. (She prefers to be called Jasmine) Even at this early age, she is stunningly beautiful, with her long, slender Audrey Hepburn neck, to her magical Mona Lisa smile. I should think that all children are beautiful. Yet their lives are fragile and so very precious. Every child deserves to be loved, to be healthy and happy.
FineArtShare

Jolly Ol' Saint Nick - A Portrait

Postby FineArtShare » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Painted by John Dobson
2002 - Acrylic on plastic - Museum Mint
8" X 10"

This work of art is an intimate portrait of Santa. I'm surprised that fine artists have chosen to not paint him. There are a few artist out there, who do, and do so well. For me, Christmas time is a celebration of the birth of Christ - a precious Gift from God. Jesus is the Gift and the Giver. Yet many of my fellow Christians have Santa all wrong. They feel that Santa distracts from the real meaning of the holiday. This couldn't be further from the truth. Santa magically reminds us all of the sheer joy and wondrous feelings we all have through the simple act of giving
FineArtShare

Re: Child of Himself - A Portrait of Our Savior Jesus Christ

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:26 am

John, It's pretty easy to see that you have a special style that
comes as a result of your calling. An added plus to viewing your work is the
explanation of your process and how you achieved your style of painting.
I think most artists view their talent as a spiritual gift and with your postings,
you validate my belief! Keep on keeping on and we look forward to seeing more
of your pieces.
ehoeveler

Postby FineArtShare » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:41 pm

ehoeveler, Thank you so much for your kind words. It's like every stroke of the brush, for me, is a prayer. Being an artist is a special calling. While I have been spending a great deal of time on my new web site: www.fineartshare.com, and doing my very best to help people, I still manage to paint - every day. My focus is on paintings of Couples. Of course with the holidays coming, I will have some special Santas available. One in particular is painted in monochromatic blues, rather than the traditional reds and greens. Also finishing touches are being done to a new work I created for Operation Homefront to be featured on my web site. I've spent a lot of time on this work. I completely redesigned the American Flag. I'll post new images soon. Thank you again! Warmest Regards
John Dobson
http://www.FineArtShare.com
FineArtShare

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Excellent, John!
ehoeveler