A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Leap of Faith

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

On Being Compassionate and At Peace

Postby FineArtShare » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Painted by John Dobson
1997 - Acrylic on Plastic - Museum Mint
8" X 10"

This work of art is a beach scene depicting the interconnection of beach, sea, and sky. After a disaster, compassion and being at peace is the foundation from which to rebuild. It is from this centered calm that we can have any hope of restoring ourselves. This seascape is probably one of the single most beautiful works I have ever painted to date. Just looking at it and into it brings you to calm. I recall reading that Picaso once was quoted saying that when art is fully understood, it could cure a toothache. I believe it's time we can now understood.
FineArtShare

Gallery: View Gallery

Sammie In Pink

Postby FineArtShare » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Painted by John Dobson
1997 - Acrylic on vinyl - Museum Mint
39" X 39"

This is a portrait of my gorgeous wife Samatherith. Affectionately I refer to her as my Sammie. I was compelled to paint her simple because she represents the totality of what I understand as beautiful. She simply has this awe about her - a natural beauty that glows and radiates outward from the very core of her being. I'm mesmerized by her sheer beauty. I've come to realize over the years that all women are beautiful. Women deserve to be loved and cherished, because each brings us such joy and beauty into the world.
FineArtShare

Leap of Faith

Postby FineArtShare » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Painted By John Dobson
2001 - Acrylic on plastic - Museum Mint
10" X 10"

This work of art is a painting of a Wisconsin forest, stream sceen with a deer about to jump the stream. I painted this spectacular event as a tribute to God, for His gift of courage. Here was this magnificent deer, trusting whole heartedly in the moment, which suggested to me that courage is a natural trust in God. This was a truly powerful experience for me, realizing that God is with me always, and that all I need to do is trust in that. It makes life feel full and magical. Yet most of all each day becomes that much more special. Each new day becomes a wondrous opportunity to be more than you have ever realized before. Our four legged friends have many lessons to teach and to remind us of. Let's give them the chance!
FineArtShare

Listen To The Silence - No.1 of a Series of 6

Postby FineArtShare » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Painted by John Dobson
2012 - Acrylic and Tempra on Paper - Museum Mint
12-1/2" X 12-1/2"

Imagine no music, no voices singing, no instrumentals. Music programs in our schools are always the first to be cut or short changed for more acedemic pursuits. We place millions of dollars into programs which challenge our brightest students. But what about that child who sings, or his buddy who can play a mean sax. Their brightness needs to shine too. Think about this for just a moment: After work you get in your car and do what? You turn the radio on. What do you do when you get home? You turn your TV on. Our society needs Music. We need to forever cherish this gift of Music.
FineArtShare

Glistening Sparkles

Postby FineArtShare » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Painted by John Dobson
2012 - Acrylic and Tempra on paper - Museum Mint
14-1/2" X 15"

There's a crisp bite to clean chilled drinking water. It feels like silk to the taste. Yet even more so, water fascinates me as it dances and moves in the daylight, reflecting such beauty as it glistens and sparkles. All the people of the world disserve such reflections.
FineArtShare

Re: Leap of Faith

Postby Singular » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:02 pm

I merged a few of your threads together so there aren't so many floating around. We try not to have too many open threads by one artist overtaking the forum. I hope you do not mind. BGy the way, your work is very nice. Thanks for sharing.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Leap of Faith

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:08 am

I'm enjoying 'Leap of Faith' for the layout and theme.
Your style of brushwork is quite interesting.
'Glistening Sparkles' is another favorite!
Thanks for sharing your work and your philosophy.
ehoeveler