A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

new work

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

new work

Postby alejandro » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:49 pm

new work, any suggestions?
Attachments
merry-go-round.jpg
merry-go-round.jpg (64.86 KiB)
lost window.jpg
lost window.jpg (67.31 KiB)
alejandro

Postby Singular » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:23 am

I think they are both well done. The first image, I would prefer without the street sign. I know it ads to the balance. I just think that it would look better without it. Just a personal preference.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby DLKeur » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:44 am

I like them both. The sign in the top one does belong, despite its tend to irritate the mind of the viewer. Without it, the photo would lose any "grab," I think. Despite that, it is a
ain irritant. One must concentrate to view the wonderful texture details of the rest of the work because the leaning sign post is so "full of itself."

The bottom one is an exceptional composition to my eye. I don't like the look of wear on the one curve of the seat's lip, though. I'd prefer the whole had that emamelled, super-real patina of the rest of the photo. I love that it's all very monochromatic muted rose to reds and creams. That allows so much of that sense of super-realism to penetrate the mind.

Now, all this is said with the advisement that I know NOTHING at all about photography in any formal or even amateur sense. I can tell you if I like a picture, but that's all.
DLKeur

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:53 am

Interesting work, the first one. The sign (or its shadow?) belongs there, I agree with DL on this one. Without there would be no artwork, just a photo. That's what makes the pic come alive. The second one does not appeal to me as much, but it's nice. Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:45 am

Loooving both of them! I say keep the street sign in. ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery