A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Greetings and Salutations!

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Greetings and Salutations!

Postby tigerflower » Wed May 23, 2007 11:27 pm

My name is Toni, I go by the psuedonym of tigerflower - it is based on my favorite childhood story by Robert Vavra. I have only been dabbling in photography and paint for about 2 years - so I am quite the novice. I suffer from a debilitating connective tissue disorder and can no longer work in the secular world, but that won't stop me from expressing
myself. I live in the great state of Texas with my most excellent husband Rick, 2 dogs, 3 cats, a tank full of overfed fish and my elderly but still very entertaining parents. Hot tip - you are never too old to learn something from your mother. :lol: We have a 24 year old daughter who is married and going to school in San Diego, CA - love ya' baby! - and that pretty much sums up my introduction. I am very happy to find this group and to take part. I welcome all tips and critiques that will help me learn and develop as both an artist and a photographer! I have a web site doman www.artmarkette.com which is under construction - I will let you know when it is ready. In the meantime, I hope you will stop by to see my stuff in the gallery! Ciao!
tigerflower

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu May 24, 2007 6:20 am

Hi Toni, I'm glad you've found us. Love your 'Daydreamer' and the palms. Looking forward to check out your works on the website, Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby Singular » Thu May 24, 2007 7:45 am

Hi tigerflower,
You are right about never being too old to learn from your mother. Your work is very nice. Daydreamer is fantastic.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Thank you!

Postby tigerflower » Sat May 26, 2007 1:51 pm

Thank you Joe and Erika! I am so pleased you like the Daydreamer - it is my favorite - well maybe tied with Butterfly Princess - I am partial to that one since my daughter was the model!
tigerflower

Postby Erika Takacs » Mon May 28, 2007 8:26 pm

Wow, she's a beautiful model and the Princess is an exquisite work! Erika
Erika Takacs

Beautiful Models and Daughters and other blessings

Postby tigerflower » Tue May 29, 2007 4:47 pm

Yes, God really blessed me when he gave me Bethany - she is beautiful inside and out. I have photographed her and used her for many works - she loves it of course and was probably a major ham for the camera by the time she was two. That particular photo came from her Senior prom pictures - I always did her prom pics because I shot dramatic layouts not the same ol same ol that the school offered. She loves a good fairy tale as well as any other girl so we made them up together.
Can you tell I love her very much? lol - She is attending school in San Diego - she is studying to be a Psychologist - so one day I can call her Dr. Bethany - then the
agging will be in full throttle. LOL
This is us together in Tahoe right after graduation.
Image[/img]
tigerflower

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:06 pm

You're a proud mom and so am I. Can you imagine my surprise when my six year old takes my album where I keep the pics of my works and shows it to his dad, pointing out the ones he likes and then proudly telling him: 'My mom is an artist'!! I almost fell out of the chair! I never said anything like that to him, where did he get it from? That was the best compliment I ever got or will ever get! :lol: Erika
Erika Takacs

Excellent

Postby tigerflower » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:58 pm

that is a very cool compliment - you know the phrase, "Out of the mouths of babes..."
tigerflower

Postby Erika Takacs » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:03 pm

:)
How is your website progressing? I'm working on a new one also, don't like the old one anymore. Erika
Erika Takacs

Return to New Member Introductions