A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

experiment 1

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

experiment 1

Postby mcsketcher » Thu May 05, 2011 6:37 pm

This is the first piece of art that I completed that was larger than 8x11 and involved more than a #2 pencil. I started to take some college art classes a couple of years ago. I didn't finish the semester. This was originally supposed to be just a line drawing. We were given a line drawing of this on a 6x8 piece of paper and instructed to reproduce it on 18x24 paper. At the end of the class the instructor told us to continue working on it and the following week we'd put them on the wall. I flipped out. I had $600 in art supplies for school so i colored everything in. I couldn't have a line drawing hanging on the wall. Course it turned out that she only meant that we would be hanging it up for a second to critique it. I'm curious to hear others thoughts on it. The scan doesn't do it justice. The colors are really vivid. I"ve been asked if its felt. I used a variety of pencils. Chalk pastel, oil pastel, color pencil, graphite, wolf carbon and charcoal. I've also been experimenting with layering graphite over charcoal as it produces a sheen. It changes the way light reflects off the drawing. Anyway, let me know what you think. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, theres nothing that can be said about my work that i haven't said to myself over the years. Tear it apart.
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (124.58 KiB)
mcsketcher

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby E_B_A » Thu May 05, 2011 8:00 pm

That is interesting and very well executed. I'd be interested in a
eakdown of the meaning behind it.
SATIRE * SEVS * AB * UNTK * IOF * IBCS * WWW
http://www.shapelessmass.com
Mind your wants, because someone wants your mind.
E_B_A

Postby BYart » Fri May 06, 2011 9:36 am

Hi,
I am really not into abstract, but I like the way you've used color here. The collage effect is wonderful and I think you done a good job on execution.
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby SONIC » Fri May 06, 2011 11:18 pm

Yo Sketch. You are not only really talented but you are actually very accomplished! Thanks for connecting up you can do the same on FB if you like. Here's the thing. It's nice to get feedback from others. It is a good way to assess the verity of a piece. But you must learn to just trust yourself.

All your work appears to come from the subconscious. What if anything is your relationship to Faeries? I like that you are a chance taker. I like that you are not afraid of juxtaposing light and dark literally or imagery.
And that you use so many mediums.

It would be nice to just create devoid of darker imagery but I am spiritual and as a Teacher I would say that you are willing to deal with the subconscious. And that is a good thing. It really is true a life that is not
investigated is not life. We are here to learn and to make our choices.
No right, no wrong just choice.

So, you have all the tools to be a really good artist even great.
I would ask that you be mindful of how your life affects your art. You definitely remind me of me in that I don't just have one style.

I am also colorblind so that has presented a challenge.
If you are thinking about showing in a gallery there will have to be
consistency in your style as most galleries look for that.

So honor yourself, strive to know yourself, and live life in joy as best you can. Do know that joy is within~ Not without.
However, 'As within, So without!'

If you are curious about how to be empowered as the spirit you are,
it is after all about Free-Will,
then I highly recommend this site:
modernmysteryschool.com

If you want to connect to know more, cool!
If not that is OK too.

I send you Love Light and Peace*88*
Bill Sonic Guide MMS
TO KNOW ME IS TO KNOW THYSELF.
JOY IS WITHIN AND WHEN IT IS SO
IT WILL BE NOT ONLY MANIFESTED
WITHOUT BUT FELT THERE AS WELL.
PEACE~ BILL 5ONIC GUIDE
MODERNMYSTERYSCHOOL.COM
SONIC