A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Looking for advice

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Looking for advice

Postby canvasbyjessica.com » Mon May 28, 2007 5:33 pm

Hello everyone. I have not updated my site in over a year, maybe two. I have so much new work to add, but before I hire someone to update it, I would love some feedback. Also, ignore the artist's statement as I will be replacing that too.

In addition to being a fine arts painter, I also occassionally do freelance architectural renderings, so I have both displaed on this website. Would you reccommend that I seperate them on two different websites?

Thank you in advance for your advice, I am so glad that I came across this thread!

http://www.canvasbyjessica.com
canvasbyjessica.com

Postby Singular » Mon May 28, 2007 6:49 pm

Hi Jessica,
I think your site has a nice look to it. I like it. I do not think that you need two separate sites for your art and architectural renderings. They compliment each other well and show your diversity. However, I do think you need to have a better description of your images, such as title, size, medium, etc. instead of the current "open
owser window" function you currently use when clicking an image. Als, instead of using images for the link on the top navigation, use text. Search engines like text better than image when scanning your pages. You may want to take that approach for your artist statement as well. Do it in text instead of an image.

Overall, a nice looking site.
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Erika Takacs » Mon May 28, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi Jessica,
I agree with Joe on adding title, size, medium and a short description for more interest. The site is simple, to the point - in a good way. The architectural page fits right with the artwork.
The only thing I didn't like was the homepage. It's not very inviting. You have so mnay nice works to choose from,go for one that has more warm colours and more detail, but still representative of what you do. Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby MJ » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:47 pm

Hi Jessica,

I love your site, I love the design (the squares). It is true compared to the rest of your artwork, the art on your home page is a little bland, but it's not off putting.

I wish you continued success!
MJ
MJ

Gallery: View Gallery