A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Lucky Mountain Fishwork Number

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Lucky Mountain Fishwork Number

Postby thescour » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:34 am

This is an idea of a relationship i built up with a mountain outside the living quarters i'm staying in here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... =7&iwloc=A

This 'connection' (i can't think of a better word though one exists i'm sure) was fostered through staring out the window when it was stormy and no boats could fish (i work in the fish industry). It was winter giving way to spring slowly but surely with the snow melting gradually revealing what lay beneath. It planted seeds of all sorts of things in my head, as only your environment can, seeds of longing for work, pining for a different kind of freedom, a love hate and everything in between fighting stance that tattoo'd itself on the front of me skull behind me eyes.

at the moment it's formed but needs to be given flesh. there's the start of flesh their too in the rock which i hope to develop in the right kind of way. i've been a hermit in berlin in a room getting smelly and antisocial and staring at it to such an extent i can tell it's arse from it's elbow. so to speak.

As you can tell from all that, it's better to just shut up and show, the 'show' part has always been stronger than the 'tell' part in this lil show'n'tell... apologies for my rubbish camera (it's held together with sellotape) and the stitched-together photo too.
Attachments
mountingsmaller.jpg
mountingsmaller.jpg (117.38 KiB)
thescour

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:46 pm

The frist thing that came to mind for me was old ships and birds. And it has a very interesting look about it.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby thescour » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:30 am

hey thanks for that one! was it ideas of ships and birds or do you see them?
thescour

Gallery: View Gallery