A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

My first exhibit-UPDATED with News article!

Post your upcoming shows/exhibitions or any other art related news concerning you that you would like to share.

Moderator: Moderators

My first exhibit-UPDATED with News article!

Postby BYart » Sat May 29, 2010 7:36 pm

I approached the owner of Eva's Old Heidelberg Restaurant(wonderful German Cuisine), highly trafficed, to exhibit some of my work.

I stopped in today with about 12 framed pieces, expecting to be able to hang 2-4.... and she wanted me to hang them ALL!!!! :D Eva made room on an entire wall(removed alot of photos from Germany)!

She also allowed me to leave business cards, as well as a sign I made(larger version of my card) hung amongst the pieces.
I'm going there again tomorrow( and yep...I'll have some more of her wonderful food), as she wants to plan a reception.
I'm so excited and nervous.
I had just met Eva recently, taking my Mom there for lunch one day, but we hit it off right away. She loves animals...and of course you know, so do I! :D

I'm planning on contributing 10% of any sales proceeds, to the Animal Rescue League here, to help in their efforts to find homes for adoptable dogs and cats. :D
Last edited by BYart on Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Sun May 30, 2010 8:19 am

That's fantastic Barb. I am very happy for you. I hope your work is well received.

Keep us informed.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun May 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Barb, I,m glad to see your getting a chance to showcase your work. And I know it will work out well for you.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

One small step at a time

Postby pehiatt » Mon May 31, 2010 7:00 am

Good cause and GOOD LUCK!
pehiatt

Postby Erika Takacs » Mon May 31, 2010 12:54 pm

That's awesome, Barb! Congratulations, your work deserves recognition. Photos please! :D
Erika Takacs

Postby BYart » Mon May 31, 2010 4:03 pm

:D Thank you Joe, John, Patrick and Erika!
Erika, will happily oblige with those photos tomorrow!

I am really stoked now...the Humane Society of El Paso's Director, and I just had a meeting about my exhibiting there, at their wonderful No Kill facility, for the Month of July!!!!!!! I will need to come up with a way to display my framed work, as their "Welcome, reception area" doesn't have the wall space for a proper exhibit, and don't want to use THAT many easels! :lol: :lol:
I will partner with them as well, with the same % of proceeds going to their efforts of adopting homeless animals, of sales during the exhibit.
I have also offered to donate a small portrait a month, for the adopter of their longest resident animal(whichever animal qualifies that particular month), and to give a 10% discount on portrait pricing for any adopter of any animal starting with the opening of the exhibit, and continuing the duration of the exhibit.
I will meet with the Director again mid-June, to work out all the details. I need to formulate a press release describing my theme- something like..Barb's Art Helping Animals!
I'm hoping to do this with every rescue group in the area, that would have a display location(excluding the portrait a month, which I will rotate semi-annually, amongst the Rescue groups wanting to participate).....any thoughts, ideas, suggestions would be very welcomed on display options, and HOW to write a press release?! :)
Barb

BYart

Postby BYart » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:53 pm

Just a quick update...and Erika..I haven't forgotten the pics..just been swamped!
I have been asked by the local newpaper to be interviewed!! Showing my Art(still on exhibit at the restaraunt), and giving details as to my cause! Meeting with the reporter, phographer, Eva(restaraunt owner), and also the Director of the Animal Rescue league(ARL) tomorrow. Loretta, from the ARL, will be
ing along "Spot". Spot is her shelter's longest termed resident. I will be taking my own ref. photos of him, to accomplish the donation portrait I will be doing for anyone who adopts him. Hopefully he will find a home with this exposure.
Will definately post again as this will be my first 'write up" as well.
The story, according the reporter, will be published in the Mon. edition of the El Paso Times...woohoo! :D :D
Barb

BYart

nice

Postby ArtConsultant » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:39 am

Hey Barb, I hope you get the credit you diserve and hope you get well known you seem to put alot into your art and that is amazing you have so much patience for your art thank you for sharing :)
ArtConsultant

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:14 am

It's getting better and better! Fantastic, Barb, you deserve all the attention. And sales will follow the recognition, I'm sure! I'm really happy for you, girl!
Erika Takacs

Re: nice

Postby BYart » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:06 am

ArtConsultant wrote:Hey Barb, I hope you get the credit you diserve and hope you get well known you seem to put alot into your art and that is amazing you have so much patience for your art thank you for sharing :)

:D Thanks so very much! I have a long way to go, but I'm constantly trying to reach higher in my artistic journey. I just hope I can benefit the animals in need...and if something comes my way because of that, well I will be most grateful!
Barb

BYart

Postby BYart » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:16 am

Erika Takacs wrote:It's getting better and better! Fantastic, Barb, you deserve all the attention. And sales will follow the recognition, I'm sure! I'm really happy for you, girl!

Thanks so much Erika! I'll admit to being excited about these opportunities to have my art seen by many!
I met with the reporter and ARL and of course Eva yesterday.
I also got to meet Spot, the longest termed resident at ARL. Here is a photo I took of him( a bit overexposed, but I think I can make it work for ref.), and will be starting his portrait later today!
Hopefully with this exposure, this wonderful dog can be adopted soon! He is 7 yrs. old, and has been a resident of ARL for 5 years! He has a few issues with men, so he will need a special person to give the patience required as well as be able to help him overcome his issues.
And yes...don't think I haven't thought about it myself...but it is just too soon after my loss of Andy...and with all the 'other" things I am involved in right now...not the best timing. So I will work to help this boy get adopted by the right person :wink:
Attachments
Spot ARL small.jpg
Spot ARL small.jpg (115.04 KiB)
Barb

BYart

Postby weirdpuckett » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:05 pm

That is terriffic Barb!!!
weirdpuckett

Postby BYart » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:01 pm

WOOHOO!!!!!
I'm so excited! The article came out this morning, here is the link to online viewing-
http://www.elpasotimes.com/communities/ci_15290388#
I have scanned the article and pics as well hope you can see the article :? .
I have great hopes that this partnership with some of the Rescues will help in their adopting more homeless animals!
Here is the photos the El Paso times photographer took, and yes i know...I look OLD :lol: !
The Times actually also posted my pic on the front Page!
My phone has been ringing with commission info requests and so far 1 confirmed! The gentleman is local and wants me to come to take photos as he doesn't have any that are suitable.
I'm progressing on the portrait of Spot, I hope to finish it later today. :D
Attachments
EP Times Article2small.jpg
EP Times Article2small.jpg (198.5 KiB)
EP timesarticlesmall.jpg
EP timesarticlesmall.jpg (52.47 KiB)
EP timesFront page small.jpg
EP timesFront page small.jpg (110.64 KiB)
Barb

BYart

Postby BYart » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:06 pm

weirdpuckett wrote:That is terriffic Barb!!!

THANK YOU Mike! :D
Barb

BYart

Postby hazelnice » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi Barb!

What can I say, You deserved it all! And you have the most wonderful heart when it comes to Dog!

They'll understand what you're doing for them at heart.. and If they can only utter the words, "Thank you" would have been not enough..

I hope there are more to come on your way!!! :)
hazelnice

Postby BYart » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:55 am

Thank you hazelnice! :D
Barb

BYart

Postby Menolly » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:33 pm

Wonderful, Barb! And I think it's great that you're helping out the local animal shelters. Spot's such a cutie! I've got a dog with serious people issues myself - he's not dangerous but he screams his head off at anyone he doesn't know. (Yeah, screams - he has a very high-pitched bark for such a big dog). But he's the most loyal animal you could ask for - no one outside my immediate family gets within three feet of me without his say-so!

Thought you'd like to know, too, being an animal lover, that there's been a big crackdown on the puppy mills here in PA. Some of the toughest legislation on the books, from what I've read. No more stacked and overcrowded cages and no more wire cage floors. Also, proper lighting, sanitation, and opportunities to move around freely are required now. Anyone who couldn't make the upgrades went out of business or went underground (which sounds bad, but at least there's a law to catch them with now).
Menolly

Postby arlenemurals » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:15 am

terrific! Congratulations!
arlenemurals

Postby BYart » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:55 pm

Thanks Menolly and Arlene!
Barb

BYart