A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New Piece

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

New Piece

Postby JAHphoto » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:44 am

I just finished this this morning, thought I would put it up here to see what people thought. Thanks for looking

This image is kind of small you can see a bigger one at
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 7fbb786a7c
JAHphoto

Postby Singular » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:45 am

Very interesting piece. Although the contrast is good, everything seems to have the same value, which is hurting the depth perception. Also, the figures in the foreground could be larger to help to define the depth a bit more.

Overall, a nice peice. Keep them coming.
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby JAHphoto » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:12 pm

I think if you saw the Original you might agree more with the depth of field.....as for the two guys at the bottom I have been coming up with more ideas for how I could incorporate them and still keep them looking like they are looking in.....your advice on that matter was very helpful.....the trouble with working in a digital world you can always get ride of/change/move around.....it's hard to know when to stop.
thanks for looking
jeff
JAHphoto

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:29 am

I don't see anything wrong with the dark "severing"
the picture. I do agree with Joe about making your 3 figures larger
or at least the two figures bottom front. E
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby clvngodess » Mon May 07, 2007 10:02 am

I wish I could see the original, or at least see this one clearly. It's hard on a computer screen to see "potential" content or details. I know you say there's depth, and I've seen your other link, however, the image is coming off very dark and flat. One thing I would do is make the image web friendly and perhaps repost it so we can take a really good look and spend some time with your work.

I suspect there's something interesting hiding in that image. I'd like to find it.
clvngodess