A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New to site

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

New to site

Postby Karykid » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:01 pm

Here is one of my paintings. I took a photo of this paint out in her paddock. She gave me that over the shoulder look that said, "You talking to me?" This photograph has a bit of glair so some of the color saturation is lost, "Oh well."

This was my first painting of a horse, I am currently working on another.

This painting is:
Oil on stretched canvas
19-1/2" x 25-1/2"
Attachments
Pasture Pose 800 x 588 pixels.jpg
Pasture Pose 800 x 588 pixels.jpg (127.87 KiB)
Karykid

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby krysta11 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Hello Karykid,

Your painting is absolutely fantastic!!!!
I love it!
K.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby Karykid » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:38 am

Thank you for your nice words. :P
Karykid

nice job!

Postby REDSLAPstudio » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:22 am

If this is your first painting of a horse then you are doing awesome! I've been drawing horses my whole life! I've always loved them and have always wanted one of my own (38 & still without one!). I really appreciate the way you
ought out the orange &
own tones with touches of purples and blues instead of using straight black (which is what most people tend to do)....over all - GREAT JOB! do more...lol.
REDSLAPstudio

Very nice

Postby rrsum » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:36 pm

Very nice Karykid!

Great color and bold lines! If this is your first horse, I can't wait to see how you do on #2!

Keep up the great work! :wink:
Rich Summers
rrsum

Postby Karykid » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Wow, thanks for your praise. I grew up with horses (and many other animals) and I rode hunt seat for a few years when I was 13/14 years old. I too always wanted my own horse and actually accomplished my goal about 8 years ago. I loved it and if I had the right place I would own as many horses as possible. Don't loose your dream you never know what the future will hold. To satisfy my need for "mare sweat" I visit my local feed store where they also have three large barns for people to board their horses. I wallk the aisles petting the horses with their head out the stall door. Afterward I dirty and stinky but for me it's the sweet sweet smell of good memories.

I have one other painting that I just completed this year I've attached it, hope you like it.

Thanks again for your nice comments.
Attachments
GE003 edit 1 resized.jpg
This painting is called "Great Expectations"
GE003 edit 1 resized.jpg (87.18 KiB)
Karykid

Postby Juliep » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:28 am

Hi Karykid and welcome,

These are totalyl awesome. I love the colors you use and the style is refreshing. The bottom was is incredible with your use of light. Very nice indeed.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Juliep
Juliep

Postby Karykid » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Thanks Juliep,

I'm really trying to paint a bit less saturated but I guess my eye just likes the color. All of my paintings turn out very colorful. I guess you could say it's my personal style so I don't want to change it too much. I'm planning on painting a floral so hopefully I'll be able to paint a bit less vi
ant on that. Thank you for your nice words. I'm sure you know how important it is to receive possitive feedback when you're an artist. It's nice to have a place with so many nice people as members.

Thanks again!

Karykid
Karykid

Postby BYart » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:41 pm

karykid,
I think they are both awesome!
I love your use of color and the proportions are well done too!
The second is my fav. of the two, and yes, your style is unique and very pleasing. :D
I'm an animal lover as well, so I enthusiastically look forward to seeing more from you!
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby BYart » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Had to come back and let you know how much i enjoyed viewing your images/gallery! i love all the Pug photos, but I am thrilled with the "Plumb tuckered out" painting!!!! Great Job!!!
Barb

BYart

Postby Juliep » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:09 am

I'm really trying to paint a bit less saturated but I guess my eye just likes the color. All of my paintings turn out very colorful. I guess you could say it's my personal style so I don't want to change it too much. I'm planning on painting a floral so hopefully I'll be able to paint a bit less vi
ant on that. Thank you for your nice words. I'm sure you know how important it is to receive possitive feedback when you're an artist. It's nice to have a place with so many nice people as members.

I LOVE color too. I'm glad you found your personal style, too many times I tried to tone down the intensity in my paintings and made a bad choice, now I just go for it! Right, wrong or indifferent at the end of the day we have to be happy with what we created.

Paint on! (looking forward to seeing your florals)
Juliep

Postby Karykid » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:38 pm

The painting "Plumb Tuckered Out!" is actually my very first oil painting, to this day it is my favorite. I won the People's Choice award at a local art show in 2005 with that painting. My other sleeping pug painting, "A Much Needed Rest," was awarded 2nd place in the adult art catagory at an art show in 2007. I think it must be something about the image of a sleeping animal. Personally, I like the way my pugs look when they're asleep. They look so relaxed and worry free.

I like that my personal style was easy to develope, it just sort of happened, I just figure if I want people to actually take an interest in my paintings I may need to tone it down a bit.

Thank you so much for all your nice and supportive comments I feel very lucky to have found a forum with such nice fellow artists.

:D
Karykid

Postby BYart » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Congratulations on those awards, well deserved! i look forward to seeing more from you!
Barb

BYart

Postby xxbreezy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:43 am

You do beautiful work!! Picture perfect in my book. So lifelike..your horses....
avo!!
Linda
xxbreezy

Postby Karykid » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Wow, thanks for the compliments. I'm working on another horse painting right now, I've attatched it to this post for you to see. Feel free to let me know what you think. Just remember, it's a WIP I've only completed the underpainting and the lighting wasn't great so it's really just a show and tell thing. Hope you like it!
Attachments
WIP horse edit.jpg
WIP horse edit.jpg (48.45 KiB)
Karykid

Postby Juliep » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:52 am

Well I like the start! Alwlays fun to watch wip.

J
Juliep

Postby Karykid » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:44 pm

Well, be patient with me. I can be annoyingly slow at times. Now that the cold weather is starting I'll be spending more time inside. I'm anxious for my husband to finish my studio (it has been 2 years now) so I can get rid of all the clutter. I find it very difficult to paint when everything around me is cluttered. :D
Karykid