A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Hi, from Cape Cod!

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi, from Cape Cod!

Postby JACreech » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:16 am

Hello, My name is Jen and I'm happy to be new to this Wonderful Artist's Community.

I have always painted or drawn, and I did take a few art classes in high school, and pursued a minor in art in college, but I still feel mostly self taught, and I'm certainly still learning!

My life hasn't always been the best for creating art, but no matter where my work led me I seem to end up making art for a living again. After school I worked in media (TV/Radio Production) for a few years, then quit that to start up a Forge and Foundry with a friend. We made decorative ironwork, gates, fences, and large sculpture.

Then I up and moved to Cape Cod where I worked in every capacity from bartender to book keeper, until a few years ago when I started a business with my fiance. That has given me flexible hours, and studio space close to our office, so I get to paint more.

At this point, I paint or sculpt as much as I can, and I sell my work pretty consistently. People come to the cape for the beach and they want to go home with a piece of it, though I mostly sell to the Locals!

Anyway, Thanks for having me! This site has already been a wonderful outlet for objective criticism for me and I really appreciate it.
JACreech

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:23 am

Ji Jen,
Welcome to ASC. We are gad to have you. I am glad things are working out for you and your fiance. I wish you the best with your art and your art business.

Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Erika Takacs » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Jen, nice to meet you. Nice paintings, I like Poor's Hill the best. Can you tell me a little bit about it, and where does the name come from?
I would really like to see some of your sculptures.
Erika Takacs

Return to New Member Introductions