A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

6 Unfinished I must be crazy

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

6 Unfinished I must be crazy

Postby demac » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:00 pm

I have 6 unfinished paintings, 4 of a Naked Lady, 1 - inferno and 1 Balance all in oils. I am so stuck on getting the correct muscle tone on the women that I am afraid to touch them until i get a model or something as this is the first time I have done a woman. Any ideas.... whats your thoughts.....
demac

Postby Harmonygirl » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Wow, a lot on your plate....

do you think you could print off or use some internet images for reference? You wouldn't have to pay a model fee. Just a thought that popped into my head.
I haven't looked but I reference a site fotocommunity.com for images that I want to re-create. I haven't looked for nudes, but there are all types of images there. And they are pretty big so they print off well.

one painting at a time

luck
shannon
art comes from the soul

harmonyinart.webs.com
harmony-in-art.blogspot.com
Harmonygirl

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby demac » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:30 pm

thanks I will look up the site you suggested.

On the set of 4 i use the same paint/colour so I do one and I continue with the rest thats why i have so many on the go. Got so many images in my head, I have to restrain myself from starting any others until I finish these 6. Running out of space aswell... lol
demac

Postby kcortese » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:13 pm

There are many places you can get reference material. Check with your local li
ary for medical books, go on the internet and print some images like Shannon suggested. You may want to study the anatomy of a woman also.

Is there any way you can show us your work in progress? Do you have a digital camera? We would LOVE to see your work.

Karen
kcortese

6 unfinished

Postby demac » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:27 pm

I will take up your advice.

If you check out my gallery I have an called unfinished works they are all there, not sure how to include it in this message like some people do... but check it out as i thought it would make things easier for people to define my finished work and unfinished.

Thanks for the advice.. De
demac

Postby kcortese » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:08 pm

I visited your gallery, you are a very talented artist. I liked Tree of Life the best, and then Wiccan Warlock. But of course they were all well done.

When you are still in Post a new topic or reply, click on upload file button, go to the file on your computer you would like to upload, double click it, and then click add attachment button. The file will upload as long as it's not to large. If it is too large, the program will tell you.

You can preview your post or new topic before posting it. Hope this helped.

Was your naked lady too big for your scanner? It looks like it's sectioned off. Seems to me that you have a great paiting here. Can't wait to see it complete.

Karen
kcortese

6 unfinished

Postby demac » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:44 pm

No the naked Lady is 4 large canvases of various sizes, I paint shopped them to give an image of what they would look like if you put them together, as in why i have done four sections of a lassie and it was an idea i had and it seems to be working quite well ..gut instinct and all that jazz

Thank you for the comments did you see the baby in Tree of Life ..that was unintentional..
Attachments
jsw_composition.jpg
Composition in paint shop of what the 4 images would look like if you put them together
jsw_composition.jpg (188.02 KiB)
demac

Postby kcortese » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:35 pm

Very interesting work. I'm not sure what the bottom right one is though, the middle one on the far right makes me wounder too. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. But I think they are great anyway.

The color blending is good, maybe darker shadows to give it more depth. Just a suggestion.

Please post as you continue working on these pieces. I would love to see them.
kcortese

Postby demac » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:27 am

Found a model. Yippeee!!!! she will pose for a sitting and photos so i can finish these.

I found her on Purestorm.com its where you can search for models by region found 5 in my local town and thats hard as I live in a small fishing village, check it out people
demac

6 unfinished UPDATE

Postby demac » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Well as I said i got a model and I have nearly finished 4 paintings just in the final stages check them out and the progress I have made

http://demac-artist.webs.com/currentworkingprogress.htm

What do you think?
Attachments
PICT0079.JPG
PICT0079.JPG (25.23 KiB)
demac

Postby Harmonygirl » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:12 pm

oh D, this is looking great. Well done.... if yousay look at the progress, can I assume you are still working? If so, I can't wait to see it when you are done.

Awesome
art comes from the soul

harmonyinart.webs.com
harmony-in-art.blogspot.com
Harmonygirl

Postby kcortese » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:45 am

You have made some great improvements here! Looks like there is one missing, did you do any more work on that one?

The model helped you with shading and blending of the muscle tones which added more dept to the subject.

Try to always use a reference when you paint, it helps.

Keep up the good work.

Karen
kcortese

Postby demac » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:10 am

Thanks for the comments it is really appreciated as this is the first time I have painted a life model..... so thank you x x

EDITTING

I got over the block and am now in the final stages for the paintings so here is the lastest image its her shoulder . I would have gotten further but I ended up with a sprained wrist so I couldn't paint hence why I haven't been on here for a week or so.

What do you think? I just need to finish off the edging and take the masking tape off for the clean edges and thats 1 down and 3 more to go

Deanne
Attachments
PICT0122.JPG
Linzi abstract Nude - Shoulder
PICT0122.JPG (11.64 KiB)
demac

Postby demac » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:38 am

well here is the next part of my set it the thigh still got to clean up the edges but I am happy with what do you think???
Attachments
PICT0188.JPG
PICT0188.JPG (8.37 KiB)
demac

Postby weirdpuckett » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:21 am

I think they are excellent! You set out to iprove them and that's exactly what you've done! Great job! Did you have to pay the model? (dumb question?)
weirdpuckett

Postby demac » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:02 am

Yes I have paid her

£20 for a photo shot so I could start the paintings
£10 per hour for each sitting
we only end up doing 1½hours as her hips lock up, with very frequent
eaks

she is an model for various
ands etc for photographers but I found her in my home town so I was lucky. Found her on Purestorm.com which is where you can search for models by region and area. My next project will be a male (not sure on whether to do it abstract like this one though) and from this work i am in the process of getting a commissioned painting, so it seems to be going down well

Just got two more to do then the set is finished, this is intended for an exhibition piece in a gallery so holding on to it until I get that opportunity I will post each of them as I finish them should finish another one on Tuesday thats when she is round again.

Thank for the praise it means a lot as this is my first attempt at life art.

Deanne
demac