A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Hello everyone

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello everyone

Postby djuric » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:35 pm

Hi, my name is Dragan and I come from Croatia. Drawing is my drug of choice. I tried oil painting, but I just cant wait for the layers of paint to dry :-(
I have been drawing since I was in kindergarten. When I was about 9 years old I met a localy known artist and he told me that my drawings sucked.
He was right, of course, but my pride was injured. Nevertheless, it made me think about drawing.
Today I feel that his work is absolute crap, but I give him credit for making me understand that not every creation is an artwork.
I guess its very easy to create something, but to create something of value is quite hard...

Looking forward to exploring this site and talking to you.

Best regards!
djuric

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:13 pm

Hello Dragan,
Welcome. I hope you like our little community. I checked out your images in the gallery section and they are amazing. I really enjoyed looking at them.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Erika Takacs » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:24 am

Hi Dragan,

Those are wonderful drawings in your gallery. I couldn't help thinking they're begging for colour. Please, please, please give it another try!

Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby djuric » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:31 pm

Thank you, Im glad you like my work. I use pencil because it is the easyest and the fastest way to express myself. As a student I dont have much time for art. When I get an idea, I work very fast because Im afraid the feeling that inspired me will pass. Im also very happy with the level of details one can achieve with a pencil. That is why I dont see myself working in color, at least not in the near future...
djuric

Postby Erika Takacs » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:21 pm

That is why I dont see myself working in color, at least not in the near future...

That's too bad :( , but I understand your point.

Erika
Erika Takacs

Return to New Member Introductions