A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Without Past, No Future

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Without Past, No Future

Postby Inspiring Beyond » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:36 am

Please let me know what you think.

Inspiring Beyond

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:05 pm

The work of a beginer I,m sure. Could use more detail. However, The colors are petty good. The sky. the skin of the girl. And the painting in general is trying to say somthing. Things are going on and the girl has somthing on her mind. With some work and some traning and some time to progress. I would say we might have another artist on our hands here. Remenber. Color is the thing. Good luck to you.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Inspiring Beyond » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:08 am

Thanks John...I will keep at it with the details. I find that to be quite difficult.
Inspiring Beyond

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:47 am

Hi Inspiring,

You've picked a complex and challenging subject, with so much going on in the background and I appreciate that. You're obviously got talent for storytelling, and the girl on the bench (her face and torso) is very nice. More depth and perspective is needed in the background. I'd say tone down the colours in the background, because they are competing with the girl in the foreground.

I would suggest start working on simpler subjects to gain experience. Then come back later to tackle this interesting subject. You've got what it takes. :)

Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby Inspiring Beyond » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:15 pm

Thanks Erika. I was trying to convey the need to look at the history to learn and grow from it. Its the first of two pieces. At least it will be once I can get this first one just right. I will see how I can infuse some of your suggestions.
Inspiring Beyond