A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Website Review.

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Website Review.

Postby rickcitta » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:30 pm

Looking for feedback on my site. It is a purchased template that is very user friendly but, like most templates, has some limitations. Appreciate primarily content commentary and marketing suggestions.
Murals and Fine Art. Visit my site and explore the many diverse art disciplines. I am passionate about pastel. Continually looking for art ideas and assignments to take on, develop and conquer. Seeking commissions and additional gallery representation.
rickcitta

Postby Singular » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:10 pm

It's not bad for a template. First let me start by saying that you should not have anything that will take away from the art. That should be the focus. The services are a result of the art. Therefore, I would get rid of the paragraph on the home page that has Mastercard/Visa information. That should be in another area of the site, maybe a services or contact section.

The link on the bottom of the home page does not work. It should be placed in the code, not on the page.
<a>Art News
NonstarvingArtists.com</a>

The sections about you and your work are very good. They show exactly what is intended and the layout is good.

The font in your referral program is a bit much in my opinion. You have too much that is bolded and some text that is extremely large. I would tone it down a bit to not appear so sale heavy.

My overall impression is your site is good. Just make sure you emphasize the art and not have distractions that will take awy from it. For your newsletter, offer people a reason why they should join. Tell them on that page what they will be getting in one of your newsletters.

Keep spreading the word to people who would be in need of your services or type of art, interior designers especially. Try to work out arrangements or partnerships with people that can help you and that you can reciprocate with your services.

Well I don't want to talk you to death. So we'll chat later.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)