A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

For Eternity

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

For Eternity

Postby $urreali$t » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:26 am

I just got married saturday (GULP) and I did this painting to be displayed during the wedding I procrastinated really bad on this one so I had about a week and a half to do this while working a 3rd shift job and going to school full time, needless to say I didn't sleep much. This is mostly air
ush, but their are some parts that are oil, such as the skin basetones, and the more detailed parts.
Attachments
for-eternity-031s.jpg
for-eternity-031s.jpg (194.16 KiB)
$urreali$t

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby krysta11 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:48 am

$urreali$t,

Firstly I would like to congratulate you for your wedding and wish a lot of happiness in your marriage.
I love your painting very much. I think it is beautiful. Only one thing makes me think. I can't see any connection between those two partners. Is this one side love? I see emotions in girl's face( pure love) but he looks like he is far away from her. He thinks about something else. He doesn't even look at her. His arm tries to reach somebody or something else. Why did you paint like that? I would like to know. And also I think her chin is a bit too long and the distance between top lip and nose is to short, I think. Please forgive me if I am wrong.
all the best
krysta
Last edited by krysta11 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby nigelartist » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:08 pm

I think technically its a good painting.

What bothers is, if you'll excuse the expression, the woman is on top. Could this mean she wears the proverbial trousers in your relationship and you are the underdog? LOL

She also, has a smirkish grin while 'you' seem serbservient and scared.

Maybe I should quit this painting lark and become a schrink! LOL

Lovely colours.

Have a
illiant marriage.

Love one another (Jesus)
nigelartist

Postby $urreali$t » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:15 pm

I've always put up a wall between myself and anyone else in a relationship, I have a strong urge to be alone because of the artistic inspiration that stems from isolation and loneliness, yet at the same time a have a fear of being alone. She is really the first person to
eak through that, so yes I was terrified and still am to a lesser degree. I think that is evident in the picture, and your right about the distance from the lip to the nose being to short, I noticed it also but because I procrastinated so bad I didn't have time to fix it before the wedding; but I intend to go back in and rework it.
$urreali$t

Postby Menolly » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:10 pm

nigelartist: at the risk of sounding like a defensive feminist, placing the woman on top of a picture does not necessarily mean that the man is in a subserviant position in a relationship. It could refer to the romantic sense of having fallen in love with his 'angel', a feeling that might very well be mutual. That said, I do agree with your point about her expression; the eyes are good, but the smile makes her look a little scary.

Surrealist: I like the spirit of this painting, and I can see what you intended to portray here. I would love to see it with your revisions. And congratulations on your wedding!
Menolly

Postby arlynnhr » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:28 pm

Congratulations! I hope you have a very happy life together!

You achieved a beautiful atmospehere with the air
ush, it's an interesting technique...I would like to experiment with it someday. I also like the colors you used.

I agree with Krysta...he's looking and reaching out into space.

All the best,
Arlynn
arlynnhr