A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Soul Mates (New Piece)

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Soul Mates (New Piece)

Postby Parabola » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:35 am

This is my latest piece which I finished this evening.
I created it using photoshop, poser and various photos and stock images that I either captured myself, or obtained from stock image websites.
The image kept drifting towards my usual dark gloomy expressions, so I made the string and mist around the butterfly a contrasting pink colour to help
eak up thoughts of an overly melancholic image.

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts of what they see in this piece.

- Cam.
http://www.ParableVisions.com

Parabola

Postby Singular » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:12 pm

Hey Cam,
How are you buddy? Glad to see you still producing. I love your work. This one is very printable. I love pieces that are somewhat monochromatic but then have a very vivid and colorful focal area that takes your eyes directly to it. This is very well done. The color choice is
illiant.

The horns seem very treelike to me. What did you use for them?

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Parabola » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:57 pm

Thanks Joe,
Yeah I'm still doing stuff behind the scenes. I'm at the busy end of the year with Uni so I haven't been seen much anywhere else. Everything should calm down in a few weeks time though.

The things coming out of the head are a couple of tree photos that I took. Quite a strange tree it was too. From the outside it looks very bushy and full of leaves that come right down to the ground almost. But when you pull the leaves apart and look into where the trunk is, it's all empty with room to walk around in. Hope that makes sence...
The
anches are quite weird too, they almost appear as roots not
anches.

Cheers,
Cam.
Parabola

your work

Postby Carpe Diem Soul » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:48 am

I really love this piece, within it I see a decaying mother earth spiraling into an abyss of dark pain and sadness with the butterfly providing just a glimmer of hope as she tries to awaken from all the suffering that surrounds us created by humaity. Very powerful I dig it!
Disobedience to Tyranny,is obedience to our Divine Creator! CARPE CREATIVO DIEM!
Carpe Diem Soul

Postby jenn_iam » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:51 am

I agree with Joe, I love the subdued colors.. it give the viewer a sense of the ominous while the hint of pure innocence looms not far from reach.

I love it.
Do make prints of this one.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Richard Cook » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:55 am

Hey Parabola, WOW! I think your blending of images is wonderful. I'm curious as to the human in the piece. Stock? I understand there are programs that let you create people. Any thoughts. I love your piece. I'm going to post some soon, but if you would like to see some my website is richardcooksart.com. Well done my friend! keep it up. Richard
Richard Cook

Postby Parabola » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:45 am

Richard Cook wrote:Hey Parabola, WOW! I think your blending of images is wonderful. I'm curious as to the human in the piece. Stock? I understand there are programs that let you create people. Any thoughts. I love your piece. I'm going to post some soon, but if you would like to see some my website is richardcooksart.com. Well done my friend! keep it up. Richard

Thanks for the kind words Richard.
The figure was rendered digitally using an application called Poser.
I've had a look through your website, you have some very nice images indeed. My favourite would have to be "Sepia Lily".
I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

- Cam.
Parabola

Digital Art

Postby Michaelblade » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:55 pm

I see the Goddess Medusa. The best looking one ever. Usualy she is ugly and not the least bit tempting. I'm doomed.
The Real Blade
Michaelblade

Postby rusalka » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:56 pm

The goddess Artemis (Diana) was always portrayed with a deer by her side, which symbolized virginity. Artemis was a virgin goddess, as was Athena. So when I see a butterfly, I think of transformation because the butterfly was once a caterpillar before she matured into what she is today -- an ultimate symbol of beauty. Keeping this in mind, to me a deer + butterfly = loss of virginity, becoming a woman, transformation, etc.. Could it be that the girl is following the butterfly's example and becoming a woman? Maturing, I would say. Instead of a deer, she's now a woman. To me this piece signifies loss of virginity, but then again I'm looking at it from a female point of view -- maybe its creator had nothing of the like in mind when he created it. It's simply a very beautiful piece. If it's slightly ominous, it goes to show one's fear of transformation, of maturing.
rusalka