A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Fragments of Fractured Illusion, 2000

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Fragments of Fractured Illusion, 2000

Postby DLKeur » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:16 pm

This is going into production as a limited edition. All comments, negative and otherwise accepted...which won't change my mind about the image, but I'd like to hear your spontaneous reactions to the piece.

Artwork removed by artist after commenting completed.

Thank you all.
Last edited by DLKeur on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
DLKeur

Postby Riaan Marais » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:08 pm

I like this image very much. I can get lost in this picture, following every contour and all the flowing colours. I would not change a single thing! Maybe I missed it, but what medium did you use? Great work.
Riaan Marais

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby DLKeur » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:16 pm

This is a 3D render. Thanks, Riaan.
DLKeur

Postby nigelartist » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:49 pm

Fantastic DL!

Reminds me of a scene from 'The Matrix' - one of my favourite films.

Love it!

Gonna have to get my *** into gear!!!!! LOL
nigelartist

Postby BiJian » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:08 pm

Wow, I found the visual illusion (color and pattern) is very powerful, it seems mysterious and celestial.
BiJian
BiJian

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:56 pm

Dawn, one of your best for sure. I can look at it for a long time and not get tired of it. Is that a figure in the middle? I thought you said you didn't do figures any more, so just wondering.
Erika Takacs

Postby johnwalkeasy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:34 pm

What this looks to be is glass and the art work it protected. What was once in good order is now
oken and in disorder. But perhaps not. Part of the frame is still intack. The colors have change. And forum a new order. It has taken a new life. It reminds me of a line I seen in a movie. One man told another about the worst day in his life. And how it had change his life forever. Then he was asked, What was the best day? He said, The same day.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DLKeur » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Thanks, nigel, BiJian, Erika, and John. I appreciate the feedback. This is an image I've not ever shown much because it seemed to "beyond scope" for most folks when I made it. I'm encourage by the response today. I've always liked this particular work.
DLKeur

Postby krysta11 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi Dawn,

As soon as I saw your work I thought I have delusions. When I said loud "O my God", David (11) and my hubby rushed to the computer room, thinking something bad had happen to me :lol: :lol: David jumped on my back and also was amazed what he saw. I asked him . Do you like it? He said, "Yes"
I asked him again . What do you see in this piece of art?. That is was he told me.
" I can see burning building and the man trapped in the glass room. All what he wants to take with him is a book and he holds it. "

When they went back to watch TV I started to look for the man , for the book (album), for fire, building and glass and I found it too in your "Fragments of fractal illusion". My husband said , I see picture frames. Are we right?
It is very difficult art for me , Dawn.
I am amazed with your talent.
all the best
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby DLKeur » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:13 am

It's about fire, yes. It's a now moment about what is gone, what is taken, and what consolidates as what is and was in a life from the perspective of the last moment of consciousness the spirit of the person sitting in that airliner seat has as they depart life.

Thank you for sharing the reactions and interpretations of you and your family. It made my day complete.
DLKeur

Postby nonarom » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:40 am

Amazing work, Dawn. I would like to see it in your gallery, to be able to look at it as a whole. Here it is exposed a bit too large and loose the perspective. Even so, rolling down the image, let you discover gradually the wonderful combinations of colors and layers, especially that red of the fire in the dark...Splendid. Once again, what software do you use? 3D render is one of the filters from Photoshop, or you work with a separate program?
And relating to the fact that you didn't exposed too much this work, because it was "beyond scope" for the folks you've made: I had the same problem many times, and trying to work for a certain demanded purpose, I started to loose my style. I think that an artist should work for HIMSELF and to be choosen by users, not the opposite.
And finally, I've been striving to find a good definition for DIGITAL ART. I think this should be that art which could not be done without the computer. All the manipulating photos or mixed media , are not purely digital (the extreme example of pure digital is Fractals). I would like to know your opinion about it.
I'm sorry if I've bored you with such a long comment. I love your art.
Good thoughts,
Nona
nonarom

Postby DLKeur » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks for the thoughts, Nona. Not too long a post, no. I'm of the older gen who don't mind longer posts and discussions. As to what program, Bryce. I'm working through some of my older digital art right now (not the oldest, yet, but old enough in Cyber time).
Last edited by DLKeur on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
DLKeur

Postby BAReam » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:23 am

Hi Dawn... hate to snivel; but this file is too large for me to view as a whole.

I see, or think I see, a reference to the 9-11 event? Too little time..back later.

be well...
uce
BAReam

Postby DLKeur » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:07 am

I'll edit the file for you, Bruce, and insert a reduced size.

9/11 came after this work. It was Locherbie in 1988 that was in my head.

UPDATE: Smaller file inserted in first post.
DLKeur

Postby BAReam » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Hi Dawn.. thanks for resizing this... much easier to view. I had asked if this refers to 9-11, and you responded Locherbie 1988. Being a dunce I don't clearly recall the details...I will try Googling it in a bit.

I love the complexity and layering of this piece. My strongest impression is that of a glass tower or glass structure at that moment prior to total collapse. A structure imploding in upon itself... the fire being an internalized reflection of surrounding events; chaos and mayhem.

I like it... be well; Bruce
BAReam