A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

My most recent painting

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

My most recent painting

Postby oilpainter » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:44 pm

Here is a painting that I did from a photograph of a vineyard. Let me know what you think if you want to. Im new here today (so be kind :) )
. Thanks for looking! :D
Attachments
Picture004.jpg
Picture004.jpg (60.32 KiB)
oilpainter

Postby Autumn » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:42 pm

I really liked it. I have a question if you don't mind? The large long bunch of grape was that one really big bunch or two to three bunched together?
When looking at the painting it looks like just one but when you really look at it for a moment it looks possible to be two or three bunch together.

The only think I'd say is if it is two or three bunched two together you just need to define depth a little more with making the closest bunch the darkest and then the next one a little lighter and then the next one.

Other then that it's a really nice painting and well defined just that one part looks flat even though the grapes themselves look round. The painting keeps my attention over all and you have a really great coloor scheme.
Autumn

Grapes

Postby oilpainter » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:24 pm

Thank you Autumn for your critique and for looking! The big bunch is one big bunch not separate bunches thats why the color is pretty much consistant throughout the whole layer of grapes.

Its not framed yet, so I think that will help to define the painting after its framed? Also my camera isnt the best so it might not show the depth of color as it does in person. Just thinking out loud.
oilpainter