A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

"Heart to Heart"

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

"Heart to Heart"

Postby lorenzo » Tue May 20, 2008 10:42 pm

The 5th in the Apache woman series
Attachments
HEARTTOHEART_WEB.JPG
HEARTTOHEART_WEB.JPG (95.45 KiB)
lorenzo

Postby xxbreezy » Wed May 21, 2008 3:35 pm

OMG!!! You did a fantastic job on this and I just love it!! Lighting is excellent as well as detail from the grass to the horses...everything. Well Done!!
xxbreezy

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Mon May 26, 2008 5:55 pm

Lorenzo, How do you get the work to come out so
ight? Do you do some kind of glazing right after you paint. And or do you a glaze as you paint?
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby lorenzo » Mon May 26, 2008 10:57 pm

Actually I paint from light to dark, painting ALL the light colors in, even if roughly, then to the different shades in between not really concentrating on the detail until i see that all the colors will blend or contrast, depending on what i want it to do, then i start on the edges of the main subject and commence with the detail over all the canvas not limiting it, but letting the highlights
ing it all into focus, I think!
lorenzo

Postby BAReam » Tue May 27, 2008 8:52 am

Lorenzo

I really love the strength and serenity of your subjects. Very well done!!

the best... Bruce
BAReam

Postby lorenzo » Tue May 27, 2008 9:37 am

Bruce,
Thank you. I love that word Serenity. I think that is where Im headed when I am starting a painting, In the end I only end up with the painting.
lorenzo

Postby beautifulbay » Tue May 27, 2008 9:44 am

Thanks for pointing me to this one....I think it is just lovely... love how your colors are so
ight and vivid...they seem to dance along the canvas.
This one has a beautiful feeling to it, calm, serene,
ight and cheery ...yet totally peaceful...very nice work!
DRAW~ even if no one else understands why~ PAINT~ even if no one believes in you
CREATE~ Lose yourself in your own world ~ Just do it because you love it!
beautifulbay

Postby lorenzo » Tue May 27, 2008 10:10 am

Beautifulbay,
Here is a writeup of the painting.
This past summer thirty photographs of horses owned by Jeanie Hester of Table Rock Stables & Equestrian Center, Pickens, SC., were submitted to award winning Pima/Apache artist Lorenzo Cassa for consideration in his upcoming “Heart to Heart at Ash Creek” painting. In late August the artist announced the two horses selected were both from the Table Rock Stables & Equestrian Center.

The painting has received highly praised reviews by a limited number of people who have been allowed to see it by the artist. It features “Rain”, also known as Rainman, a thirteen year old painted quarter horse who was born at the barn and “Chief”, a five year old Appaloosa. Both are working horses that spend their days giving trail rides at The Rock at Jocassee Golf and Country Club area.

Two other works previously painted by Mr. Cassa were submitted this month to the Phippen Museum, Art of the American West, Prescott, Arizona, for judging in the upcoming Native Myths & Legends Exhibition to run November 17, 2007 through Fe
uary 10, 2008. “Apache Innocence” and “Let Freedom Reign” were both selected with “Let Freedom Reign” winning Best of Show.

“Heart to Heart in Ash Creek” with limited edition prints is scheduled for release in early November. A copy of the painting in low quality watermarked resolution is available for viewing by agent/promoter Myra Chapman on AllIndianz.com. Other paintings by the artist can be viewed on or through the site as well. Ms. Chapman can be reached through Table Rock Stables & Equestrian Center for pricing and availability of any original artworks at (864) xxx-xxx.
lorenzo

Postby rips10 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:33 am

I like your realistic painting.Best of luck
rips10

Postby lorenzo » Fri May 30, 2008 8:36 am

rips10,
Thank you very much.
lorenzo

Return to Just Showing