A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Circle of life

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Circle of life

Postby rruxandra » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:45 am

its just the way i see my life... the photo isnt that great, but i hope you can see the details
Attachments
circle of life finalprofile.jpg
circle of life finalprofile.jpg (133.66 KiB)
rruxandra

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Michael Ortega » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:10 am

Some people post tiny images and I always ask them to post something larger...so I feel a little odd asking you to post a slightly smaller image...The painting is wonderful, but I can't see the whole thing without scrolling from one side to the other becouse it is so huge.
What I can see of it is very well done...it reminds me of mardi gras masks that I've seen...an icon of happiness and cele
ation...I do get the impression that the right side of the canvas is pretty disposable...but the smiling face and torso with the swirling colors is effective...
What I lack in talent I more than make up for with enthusiasm!
Michael Ortega

Postby rruxandra » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:48 pm

thank you for the comment and for the sugestion, here is the painting in a smaller size :D
Attachments
circle of life finalprofilemic.jpg
circle of life finalprofilemic.jpg (73.07 KiB)
rruxandra

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:25 pm

Very beautiful, Ruxandra. Everything is in balance and the idea is beautifully executed. Bravo! It's my favourite of what I've seen of your works.
Erika Takacs

Postby Michael Ortega » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:28 am

wow...now that i can see it all together i have to say it is very nice...lots of bounce and attitude!
What I lack in talent I more than make up for with enthusiasm!
Michael Ortega

Postby rruxandra » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:50 am

thanks a lot !
rruxandra

Postby Blayne » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:41 am

When I looked at the first image on my screen, without scrolling, I thought it was beautiful and joyous. Viewing the whole painting, I still like the left side and find the right third seeming not relevant...
Blayne

Postby rruxandra » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:33 am

well, i've represented some stages of a woman, some of them the highest points in life , representing the part of the painting you like, and some that are olso natural but less exciting like death , loosing the love ones, faceing lonelyness etc. what did you find irelevant exactly?
rruxandra

Postby BAReam » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:17 pm

rruxandra;

I've looked at this piece closely... and perhaps the observation of irrelevant might better be described as disconnected. Perhaps the right side of the painting should be somewhat more literal and defined.... ?

the best.... BAReam
BAReam

Postby rruxandra » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:12 am

I ment to do the painting more fragmentated , to show the begining and the end of the stages in life that the woman has to face. It is shown olso by the humans in the left side of the woman with red hair that make like a chain, but then the chain disapears, meaning that some in life leave your side, and you have to make your own road, finding help from the ones that are really close and connect with you forever. still thanks !

the best.. rux
rruxandra