A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Showdown: Fiery Red - Results Are In

This is where you need to come to find out what's new with the forums and with A Singular Creation.

Moderator: Moderators

Showdown: Fiery Red - Results Are In

Postby Singular » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:19 am

Fiery Red - Results Are In

Contest is open to all media and all subject matter in any style. Your image must represent your interpretation of "fiery red" either with color or meaning.

This contest was extremely tough to award one winner. All four finalists were deserving. But in the end we chose the image that we felt best fit the theme of the contest.

The Winner Is

The Fire Within - Posted by: maria
[ View Larger Image Here ]

Other Finalists Below

Red - Posted by: bclarkart

Redemption - Posted by: adammiller

Their Emotions Are Seen Everywhere - Posted by: joydeep82cog
Last edited by Singular on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:58 am

It's starting to really bother me that some files uploaded for the contest are so tiny you can hardly see any detail at all. And I can see some of them are really good, but I feel I won't be able to give the rating they deserve because I don't see the detail. Joe, Everybody, what do you think about this?
Erika Takacs

Postby Singular » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:06 am

Erika Takacs wrote:It's starting to really bother me that some files uploaded for the contest are so tiny you can hardly see any detail at all. And I can see some of them are really good, but I feel I won't be able to give the rating they deserve because I don't see the detail. Joe, Everybody, what do you think about this?

You are right. Some of them are very small and that is unfortunate because they look like they could be really good. If you like some of them and think that they could be worthy of the finals, you could shoot them a PM asking them to submit a larger image, if you want to.
Singular
Founder

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:35 pm

Ok, Joe, I might do that. For the future don't you think it would be a good idea to introduce a minimum size requirement for the contest?
Erika Takacs

Postby Singular » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:47 pm

Erika Takacs wrote:Ok, Joe, I might do that. For the future don't you think it would be a good idea to introduce a minimum size requirement for the contest?

In theory, yes. I will see what I can do through the gallery configuration.
Singular
Founder

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:27 pm

OOps, I didn't mean to give you more work! And right before the holidays...sorry. Maybe a reminder in the entry rules would be enough...for better chances of being selected a finalist upload a larger image kinda thing.
Erika Takacs

Where to vote for Fiery Red?

Postby jmculver » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:12 pm

I am new to the website. And am a little lost. Has the voting begun for the Fiery Red showdown and where do I go to vote?

I have a few pieces submitted and would like an URL to post on my website so viewers know where to go to vote.....

thanks
jmculver

Postby Singular » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Hey J.M.
Preliminary voting does not start until tomorrow. It works a bit differently than what I believe you are thinking. Users do not vote until the finals. A Singular Creation panel will narrow the submitted images down to a froup of finalists. That is when users will be able to vote. Final voting will take place on this thread with a poll where you can select your favorites.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Just checking.

Postby swftfox » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:14 pm

I was under the impression final voting was to start yesterday. Was I wrong or am I not finding it? Thanks for all your hard work.
swftfox

Re: Just checking.

Postby Singular » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:18 pm

swftfox wrote:I was under the impression final voting was to start yesterday. Was I wrong or am I not finding it? Thanks for all your hard work.

Sorry for the tardiness David. I have been extremely busy with the annual competition we just wrapped up. I am going to have to delay it a bit. The finalists will be listed some time Wednesday.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

That's cool!

Postby swftfox » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:55 pm

I'm just excited! lol What is the annual contest? Is that by Singular Creation? As in the banner at the top of the home page? If so, when does the next one start or am I just being an idiot. I don't mean to give you more to do.
swftfox

Re: That's cool!

Postby swftfox » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:58 pm

swftfox wrote:I'm just excited! lol What is the annual contest? Is that by Singular Creation? As in the banner at the top of the home page? If so, when does the next one start or am I just being an idiot. I don't mean to give you more to do.

NEVER MIND. WOW! A LITTLE READING AND I FIGURED IT OUT ALL BY MY OWN LITTLE SELF!
swftfox

Postby Singular » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:49 pm

Congratulations to those who were selected as finalists. Finalists have been chosen. please vote for your favorites whenever you get a chance.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby sweets8 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:50 pm

:?: When does the final voting begin? I thought the preliminaries ended on the 21st? I know the final voting ends the 31st.

Can people who submitted work vote? I know you probably can't vote for your own, but I mean if you liked someone else's?
sweets8

Postby Singular » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:52 pm

sweets8 wrote: :? : When does the final voting begin? I thought the preliminaries ended on the 21st? I know the final voting ends the 31st.

Can people who submitted work vote? I know you probably can't vote for your own, but I mean if you liked someone else's?

Final Voting has begun. Because of the late start, I extended it until Fe
uary 2nd... and yes all registered members can vote for up to five images.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby aloramyst » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:12 am

Fiery means fire or intensely hot, suggestive of intensely ardent or passionate, or angered such as a fiery temper. I dont find any of these finalists representing the theme for this contest. Other than some nudes and some red splashes being the choices, as such I wont be voting for any of these. Not that they are not good artwork, I just dont feel they represent Fiery Red. Just my opinion, well wishes to the finalists. :D
aloramyst

Postby swftfox » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:59 am

aloramyst wrote:Fiery means fire or intensely hot, suggestive of intensely ardent or passionate, or angered such as a fiery temper. I dont find any of these finalists representing the theme for this contest. Other than some nudes and some red splashes being the choices, as such I wont be voting for any of these. Not that they are not good artwork, I just dont feel they represent Fiery Red. Just my opinion, well wishes to the finalists. :D

As the "fiery red" topic indicates an intensely hot red, I think you are missing the mark. While I agree that some of these images don't reflect much of anything red or even a "red emotion" etc. some do nicely represent "fiery red" as a description of color. I don't offer this as an attempt to sway you to vote for me but my image is actually a good example. The horse, rider, walker have nothing to do with fiery red, but the image in it's entirety has been rendered in an ember like state. What could represent exactly what you are saying than fiery hot red, gold and orange embers? Fiery red is a description of a color, not a thing, and I believe several of these images depict just that. Thanks for being an active member!
swftfox

Postby karinbest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:48 am

Aloramist , I also think you missed the point. I Agree with Swiftfox that most of the catorigies that you mentioned in the firery red contest did depict the feel, or color of the theme. They are all defined in the heart or the eye of the beholder, as with the last contest "feeling Blue." The Judges are the only ones that decide what has captured their attention. Having said that I am also one of the finalist , but I in no way, care wether you vote for me, or not , it is not wether I win or not I take part because it is a great way of showing my paintings, and also I have, felt the "awe " of the winners circle , I just want to let you know in defense of my own entrant, (in your own words as one of the categories of firery red ).... "PASSION," A RED ROSE, is in my eyes, a symbol of passion .. Oh well, to each his own. I have great respect for your work and for you as an artist . I just wanted to clarify my view on the contest
Karin Best :D
karinbest

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:06 pm

The rules on the showdown page state: free interpretation of 'fiery red' either by colour of meaning.

http://www.asingularcreation.com/showdown.htm
Erika Takacs

Postby aloramyst » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:44 am

Thank you Erika for clarifying, I have voted. Good luck to all the finalists. :D
aloramyst

Next