A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Website - any comments?

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Website - any comments?

Postby Graphixcat » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:28 am

I'm currently working out the bugs, but here it is, open to all constructive comments that might help in communicating more effectively. I'm in the process of figuring out how to add a "store" section. Thanks fellow artists!
Graphixcat

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Website - any comments?

Postby Graphixcat » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:29 am

Oh yes, I forgot to add my website address. Here it is, www.paintbrushodyssey.com
Graphixcat

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:04 pm

A tasteful, attractive website with easy access. BTW, who is Dr. Martin Dyes?
Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Lol, Rick - didn't know Dr. Martin was a brand name for a Dye!
ehoeveler

Postby jnbrownlee » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:30 am

I think your website is very professional looking. I like your color scheme and fonts. It loads very quickly ( I am using IE and have a broadband connection) and the art work is lovely. Personally, I think the paintings flash by too quickly. I just get drawn in to one, and it is gone. Perhaps you can slow down the frame rate a bit. I think you have an arrow to select if the viewer wants the frames to go by faster, so I don't think you will lose anyone by going slower. Anyway, your site is quite nice.
jnbrownlee

Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby nigelartist » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:19 pm

A very professional website. Very well designed...excellent ease of use and not too much text. I have to do a lot of reading in this job. LOL

N

x
Nigel Goodwin:Artist/poet/songwriter/photographer - http://nigelgoodwin.crevado.com
nigelartist

Postby rhknigh » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Graphixcat wrote:I'm currently working out the bugs, but here it is, open to all constructive comments that might help in communicating more effectively. I'm in the process of figuring out how to add a "store" section. Thanks fellow artists!

Well hello there Rick. Your site has really come along, I remember when you were just starting to develop it. Wonderful work.

I know nothing about adding a store TO an existing website, but you might research "merchant services" if you haven't already. PayPal may have tools you can use if you want to just put purchase now buttons under photos of your artworks on your site. The only other thing I would recommend is to get a StoreEnvy account and link to it from your main page. On my excessively overcrowded to-do list is to write up a review on StoreEnvy. It is the best thing for selling and it is replacing Etsy like wildfire. BigCartel is pale in comparison as well.

Whatever you do, I hope you check back and give us an update. Your works are amazing, and I truly admire an artist who can also get themselves out there and do the business/marketing etc.

Take care - Rebecca
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26