A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New Web Site Needs Review

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

New Web Site Needs Review

Postby jamesdenny » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:31 pm

Would love an honest review on this work in prgress:
http://www.jamesdenny.net
jamesdenny

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:49 pm

Hi James,
Welcome to the site! I like the creativity and originality of your website, but sorry to say, the loading time was so slow, I just checked out two pages. I understand the site is still under construction -can you improve the loading time? Or is it because it's heavy on graphics and animation? Hopefully you can do something about it, because your work is impressive. Erika
Erika Takacs

James Denny's Web Site

Postby jamesdenny » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:06 pm

Erika,

Thank you for your comments on my web site. I believe one reason my site is slow to load is because I host it on my computer and yes, because it is heavy in graphics and animation.

I will be working on faster loading and very much appreciate your review.

Funny, I just signed up on A Singular Creation web site and you are the first to respond after a half hour being a member.

Thank you from Florida,

Jim
jamesdenny

Postby Singular » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:38 pm

Hello Jim,
I think your web site design is very good. There are some issues of course that could be worked on. First is the load time, which was already mentioned. Do you plan on getting a professional web hosting account? If so, I would be happy to recommend a couple. I have done a ton of research on web hosting for the site here and for others that I have designed sites for. If one of your main goals is to advertise your web design and graphic services, it is imperative that your site reflect qulity in all aspects.

Second, I would like the thumnail images for your paintings to be clickable to a larger view. Your work is very nice, but the images are much too small for viewers to appreciate them or to make an educated decision about buying.

What is the goal of your site? Is it for marketing your services through referral, a business card or web traffic? How do you plan on getting organic web traffic? The reason I
ing this up is because of the fact your site is created in frames, there is no visible content in your source. It will be very hard for search engines such as Google to find you. Your home page should be rich in relative content. Images should never replace text. For example, if you were to do a Google search for James Denny, your page will not come up.

I would like to discuss this further with you if you would like.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Joes's comments

Postby jamesdenny » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:13 am

Joe,

Thank you! Wow, in all the years I have designed web sites and have been doing this I keep learning and you
ing up issues that I never would have thought of. Those are definitely good points that you outlined and yes I would like to discuss more if you have any time in the near future.

I also realised that my thumbnails are too small. Something I should have but haven't taken the time to fix.

Let's talk!

Jim
jamesdenny

Postby Singular » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:01 pm

Hi Jim,
I am ready to talk whenever you are. Why don't you give me a few questions or areas that you want to discuss in more detail.

Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby MJ » Fri May 18, 2007 7:15 pm

I really enjoyed your logo design work! And it seems you've resolved the loading issue because it wasn't a problem for me as I looked around. Nice job.

m
MJ

loading speed, web site

Postby karencooper » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:52 pm

Hey Jim,

It loaded good for me also. I enjoyed looking around--especially the 'Pink Palace'. We actually stayed there for a week, many moons ago. No, I'm not going to tell you when, you'd just call me old! :D

Cooper
http://coopkja.blogspot.com
karencooper