A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Help me with ideas for a more professional website

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Help me with ideas for a more professional website

Postby Megan Brandl » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:35 am

My website is www.freewebs.com/featherfan
Does anyone have ideas to make this a better site?
I've had some people check it and no one has left a message?
Ideas for a more professional look?
Are there more ways on advertising my abilities and getting it noticed?
I put this website together around October of last year and the only people actually interested replied from fliers and cards left in local stores.
Thanks
Megan
Megan Brandl

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi Megan,
I like your landscape on your homepage,and I like the purples and pinks. I don't like the textured backgrounds, they don't help, they take away. That nice lilac colour you already have should be enough. I don't like the white highlighted text either. Other than that, it's fine, and these are just little things that can easily be fixed.

Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby Singular » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:37 pm

Websites are a very difficult tool for artists to get noticed by alone, because it is very difficult to type a search term in Google or Yahoo and get your site. Rather, use your website as a marketing tool. Add it to your business card, your email signature, etc. With that said, it would be to your benefit to get your link on as many art related sites as you can.

As for the professionalism of your site, I highly recommend that you get a site of your own, not a free web site. You need to eliminate the unwanted ads and other content not associated with you and your services. Areas you may want to include are: "About You" for a bio and/or resume, "Services", "Rates" and group all of your work into a "Gallery". In the "Gallery" you can show the individual sections.

Other than that, things look pretty good... and don't let your background image compete with or distract from your art.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

web site thoughts

Postby karencooper » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:04 pm

Hi Megan,

I know you posted quite awhile ago, but I just now found it. If you are still up for comments, I have one or two.

I am not know for excessive patience (!!), so the main part that bothered me was the reveals you use for each painting. For me, they make it take just that much longer to get to what I'm there for, art. Personally, I like a gallery page with several paintings (thumbnails) to view all at once, with the option to click to enlarge and get the details.

The color and clarity is refreshing.

Cooper
http://coopkja.blogspot.com
karencooper

Gallery: View Gallery