A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Creative Arts Forum

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Creative Arts Forum

Postby Autumn » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:47 pm

http://creativeartsforum.forumco.com

This is mainly an Artist Trading Card Forum. I just started it and looking to make it better.

Suggest away.........
Autumn

Postby Singular » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:18 pm

Speaking from personal experience, building a cummunity forum is damn hard work. The first thing you need is people. You need to build a following or gather a large list of contacts. Without participation, it doesn't matter what your site looks like. It will eventually fade. Secondly, you need to offer something. Why would anyone want to go to your site is the question that you need to ask yourself. If you can not answer that, you need to come up with an answer.

Once you begin to grow, you may want to consider upgrading the design and your webhosting provider to allow more forum features. There are many comparable in price to your current site that can give you many more services. You also may want to consider hiring a web developer to engineer you a site that will help you get better search engine results. You could easily find someone through any web developers forum that do side jobs for very little.

It is hard work, but keep at it.
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby studio42 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:27 pm

ATC is totally new to me. It is an interesting concept if I got the right idea. The intro was difficult to understand if one doesn't already know what you are talking about. I also found the
ight yellow background rather distracting.
studio42

Postby Parabola » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:59 am

I agree, people spend lots of time when posting on forums, so you need to make sure the layout design is warm and inviting for the visitor.
Parabola

Re: Creative Arts Forum

Postby kehkasha18 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:47 am

Parabola wrote:I agree, people spend lots of time when posting on forums, so you need to make sure the layout design is warm and inviting for the visitor.
Yes you right to the point... i'm with you :wink:
kehkasha18