A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Looking for Beta tester

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Looking for Beta tester

Postby Juliep » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:46 am

Hi,

I've just finished a total redo on my website and am looking for feedback. What instigated the redo has to do with people stealing images off line. I actually found one on a blog with their name photoshopped into my image! Another one on a lude website - had to contact the FBI on that one....

So here's the link to the redo. Please give any feedback you feel would be helpful. THANKS!!

http://www.artbyjuliep.com
Juliep

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:33 am

It was nice to see your macro painting again, Julie. To address your valid concerns your watermarks need to be noticeable. Some are and some are not. I think I liked the Pink Orchid version the most. It's very visible yet not interfering too much with the enjoyment of your painting. The colours blend in nicely and it's at the bottom of the picture, still the watermark is very obvious.
Erika Takacs

Postby BYart » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:26 am

Copyright theft is something I am well familiar with as well. In the past, I had images stolen off my site and reproduced in various items for sale on a cups/mugs type site! :evil: A friend made me aware, and I contacted the owner of the site's legal dept. and they were pulled immediately, and the thief's account closed. I also contacted Google and made them aware of this person's theft.
I've tried watermarks, but as I have found out, if someone is good with an image editing software, they can be removed.
Someone on another forum gave me a tip back then to send digital photos of my work to myself at it's completion. Set up a "free" account such as AOL or Gmail where the space is unlimited. Then you don't clog your reg. email. That instantly produces a record of your work, and no one can argue the date of creation.
With the internet, even though International Copyright laws are intense and in effect, many do not abide by them if they see a way to make a buck off of another's hard work! Grrr.....
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby Juliep » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:14 am

Thanks for your input ladies. I'll take that into consideration Erika.

That's a good idea about sending the pictures to an account. I always do wip pics and place them in my hard drive. As my dad says this kind of thievery is a back handed compliment.
Juliep

Postby bergina » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Hello Juliep,
I definitely hear what you are saying but I don't understand how someone can steal something of a website and actually use it for any kind of paper, cloth , canvas etc reproduction as the file size is generally way to small?
With that said, I just received an e-mail from someone in another Province who was inquiring about one of my print reproductions. They mentioned that they were familiar with my work because their parents recently purchased one of my framed prints titled “Fields of Gold” and liked my style. Problem is, I did do a painting with this titled and it’s on my website. However I’ve never made any kind of reproduction and the original is in my home? I played dumb thanked them for the compliment and subtly asked for info as to where and when they made their purchase? To be honest I’m not overly concerned.
I have had much worse happen as far as stealing my work.
Hopefully I’ll hear back from them as it would be interesting to try and track this down though probably a total waste of my time.
I checked out your website. It’s very nice and easy to navigate.
How have had many sales at Fine Art America?
Al
bergina

Postby oilpainter2247 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:54 am

very nice site Julie ,,, your work looks great also :D mike
oilpainter2247

Postby Danny Heim » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:55 pm

them's sum dandy flowerses, Julie, very nice
Danny Heim

Return to Show Your Web Site