A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

review my website!~ please :)

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

review my website!~ please :)

Postby AGillustration » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:27 pm

Hi-
woudlo appreciate some info on website. be gentle! and to pass it along if you know anyone interested thanks again
www.agillustration.com
AGillustration

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:59 am

From a design perspective, it's very nice to look at. The colors are good and the art work is very nice. The design is simple, so it doesn't take away from the art.

From a development perspective, there are a few things you can do to increase your visability and to make the navigation a bit easiear for the user, but overall it is very good.

Most importantly, your work is excellent.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby AGillustration » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:21 am

do u mean like having the subcatagories at the bottom? instead of having to go all the way back or pressing the back button?
also, what other things visability wise? i made it a certain size so normal people with normal screen resolutions wont have it blown in their faces. cuz most people dont have reallly high resolutions, is that what u mean?
AGillustration

Postby Singular » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:34 am

Yes, subcategories would be very helpful. By visability, I don't mean the size of your images. They are perfect. I mean the visability of your website. Do you want to target a certain type of art lover? Do you want your site to be seen by people searching the internet? If so, then you can do some things such as adding relevant textual content to your home page. Right now, there is no text on your home page, only images. Search engines do not see images when they scan through your pages for content. They see text. You may want to add a statement or summary on your home page somewhere. Also, there is no text on your portfolio pages, only images of text. You should definitely add "alt tags" to all of your images. Let me know if you do not know what they are.

If you are not concerned with your search engine results, than you won't need to do these things, but it can be very beneficial in the long run.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby studio42 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:41 pm

This is a very attractive website. Your artistry shows through in many ways. It is not totally clear to me, however, what you hope to accomplish with this site. If you want to sell the existing work you probably need to provide more information (size, price...) about the pieces. If this is just to provide a place to see your style and capability for someone who is interested in a commision based on some other contact that you have made it is fine as is.

Michael
studio42

hey

Postby nixgraphix » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:22 am

I think your website is amazing. It's very easy to navigate through. You're overall design is simple. And all of your art is ultra realistic. I think you're a wonderful artist. I didn't have much of a problem getting around in it. I have a tendancey to hit the back button a lot
Visit me at www.nixgraphix.com
nixgraphix

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:07 pm

I agree with Joe on everything but the size. The thumbnails are tiny on our new 22" monitor and so are the images. And I like to look at detail, so I like large images.
Erika Takacs