A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Art & Photography Website

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Art & Photography Website

Postby Jean Chang » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:13 am

This is always a work in progress, but I have tweaked it as much as I can, I think. Would love feedback. http://www.jeanachang.com/
Jean
Jean Chang

Re: Art & Photography Website

Postby cpking » Wed May 18, 2016 3:14 pm

Its great website you have all shared arts are so creative.
cpking

Postby Alison555 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:25 am

Your website looks great and your works are awesome! I do like them! I'm also going to build a site, but I haven't chosen a web builder/theme/template for this purpose. I was suggested to try one of the website builders for photographers, but I haven't decided yet. What did you use for your website creation? And was it difficult to work with it? If it's not a secret, of course :) . Thanks in advance!
Alison555

Postby Jean Chang » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:01 am

Hi Alison,
I use SmugMug for my website, but I may be changing either my level of subscription or else to a different site altogether. I do like SmugMug, but it's quite expensive. I think Zenfolio may be a tiny bit cheaper and is also easier to use, but it doesn't allow as much customization. With SmugMug you can customize things a LOT, but it's not that easy to do if you're not familiar with it. If you just pick one of their templates, then it's pretty easy. I have also used Weebly, which is free, and results in a very nice site, but that one also is a bit limited to only using their templates. Overall, I have been happy with SmugMug, and in the end I will probably just change my membership to a lower level. The site will still look exactly the same, but I won't have as elaborate a pricing structure for selling my prints. I'm happy to share any info I can. Hope this helps!
Jean
Jean Chang

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:37 pm

You are a kind and gentle person. Your husband is a very lucky man. How you can make a watercolor look like an oil painting is extraordinary. I enjoyed looking at your website.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Jean Chang » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:47 pm

CarlOwen wrote:You are a kind and gentle person. Your husband is a very lucky man. How you can make a watercolor look like an oil painting is extraordinary. I enjoyed looking at your website.

That is so very sweet of you to say! Thank you! I cannot take the credit for my paintings looking like oils. I do try, but it was really a New Zealand artist, Susan Harrison-Tustain, who showed me the way. After that, it was just practice and more practice.
Jean Chang

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Yes You can take credit. You were taught. You learned. You did. They are your creations. I honor your work my lady.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Jean Chang » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:06 pm

CarlOwen wrote:Yes You can take credit. You were taught. You learned. You did. They are your creations. I honor your work my lady.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words.
Jean Chang