A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Career despite criminal record?

Everyone has issues and problems at one point in their lives. Maybe someone here has gone through exactly what you are. Come on in if you need some advice or just some one to talk to.

Career despite criminal record?

Postby alpha001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:50 pm

I have one pretty serious offense in my criminal record. One that I want as few people as possible to get knowledge about. And I got personal demons as well.

Art is pretty much the only thing I want to do. But is it possible to make a career with an alias or pseudonym, not using my real name? Creating a sort of "artist identity"? I produce pretty graphic, morbid artwork, so that might also be a good argument for using an alias.
alpha001

Re: Career despite criminal record?

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Good afternoon. Your criminal record will block you only if you contract with the federal government. I can't think of anywhere else. However, your graphic morbid artwork will severely limit your potential customer pool.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby alpha001 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:23 am

Okay, maybe not *that* graphic, but still pretty dark (sometimes morbid) stuff. I follow some artists who have developed careers with that kind of art, so I'm pretty confident, but I agree that it limits potential costumers.
alpha001

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:44 am

Well good luck to you in your endeavor. As to the criminal record thing, be honest if asked, but I suggest you don't wear it as a badge kind of thing.
CarlOwen

Postby davideo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi Alpha- I do hope you will share some of your art. I kinda like gloomy art. Very best to you!
davideo

Return to Art Therapy