A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

An Art Exhibit based on Mental Wellness

Everyone has issues and problems at one point in their lives. Maybe someone here has gone through exactly what you are. Come on in if you need some advice or just some one to talk to.

An Art Exhibit based on Mental Wellness

Postby khabstract » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:01 pm

I have never experienced an art experience based on mental wellness. How do I get started. I've communicated with the National Alliance for Mental Health and they never followed up with me as far as developing a project. I also pitched my idea to an established artist; but no feedback as of yet. I feel this is the time for it and I'm an contemporary abstract artist with body of work geared towards mental health, depression, emotions, etc. Funding may be limited due to the recession, but my work should be shared to help others heal and understand the issues of mental illnesses.

My next challenge is to get funding for a studio, printing and installation costs.

Feedback please.
khabstract

Postby Singular » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Good luck with your project. Like you said, funding is scarce. And unfortunately, the Arts are one of the first places they cut. Try social media like FaceBook to try to get your message out. Also try looking for grants through privately funded organizations. Develop a detailed project plan, not just an idea. People need to see a presentation.

good luck,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby johnwalkeasy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:45 pm

This sounds like somthing to approach the National Endowment for the Arts. Perhaps seek a grant. And or find some imformation about private Arts organizations. Also your state gov. could perhaps help you. Also your county school
oad. And perhaps you can speak with some art galleries about your ideas.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Erika Takacs » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:24 am

I agree with Joe, you would need a detailed project plan to get people interested/excited about your idea. Lots of photos about the work. In addition to what John suggested you may try http://www.kickstarter.com, which is great for people like you. It's all privately funded by people like you and me, but again you success is dependent on how well you present your project. It's definitely worth a look.
Erika Takacs

Re: An Art Exhibit based on Mental Wellness

Postby nigelartist » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:40 pm

khabstract wrote:I have never experienced an art experience based on mental wellness. How do I get started. I've communicated with the National Alliance for Mental Health and they never followed up with me as far as developing a project. I also pitched my idea to an established artist; but no feedback as of yet. I feel this is the time for it and I'm an contemporary abstract artist with body of work geared towards mental health, depression, emotions, etc. Funding may be limited due to the recession, but my work should be shared to help others heal and understand the issues of mental illnesses.

My next challenge is to get funding for a studio, printing and installation costs.

Feedback please.

I like the sound of your proposal and think it is a wonderful idea.

Without going into great detail I have suffered a long time with mental illness. My thoughts, ideas and emotions have been expressed in art, poetry and songwriting. This has not only benefited me but family and friends too.

I think a mental wellness project as you have suggested would be very beneficial to a lot of people.

If you think I can be of assistance is some small way I would be very pleased to contribute to this worthy cause.

I most sincerely hope this project works out.
nigelartist

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby chinujhon » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:49 am

New and nice approach.. All the very best..
chinujhon

Postby euroceltic » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:51 am

Sounds like a great idea.
The ill need to be treated as *people* with illnesses, not just illnesses.
euroceltic

Postby fillian » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:52 pm

A mental wellness project would be a great idea. I have always found art to be relaxing and soothing to my nerves. Though I am not much of an artist I am an art lover and I love collecting good wall prints and even good quality prints from famous works of art.I recently bought a couple of wall art from a store ( http://www.surplusfurniture.com/en/kaml ... all-art/1/ ) so that I can hang it up in my bedroom. I have always felt that attending art exhibitions helps reduce anxiety and depression.This is just a personal opinion of mine.I do not know whether anybody else has felt the same.But it would be good to know.
fillian

Postby kentran » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:08 am

euroceltic wrote:Sounds like a great idea.
The ill need to be treated as *people* with illnesses, not just illnesses.

Agree with your opinion, it is very good for the sick
kentran