A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

My little exhibit

Post your upcoming shows/exhibitions or any other art related news concerning you that you would like to share.

Moderator: Moderators

My little exhibit

Postby beautifulbay » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:37 am

Hi all, I just finished my little 2-day exhibit at Frank J Basloe Li
ary. It was so short, because I guess the security there isn't so great, so 1 night was all I was willing to leave my stuff without me. It was fun, I stayed with my work the entire exhibit, meeting people and talking. I made a couple of small sales and have someone interested in having a mural done in his home. He is taking measurements and we'll figure things out, so hopefully that will go well. I also met a few other local artists who very nice, supportive and helpful. One gentleman gave me a lot of info on some area art groups and galleries, and really urged me to try the big ones. I was very grateful for his genuine interest in my work. So it was a very uplifting time. I was also featured in 3 local newspapers, one of them, making the front page. :oops: It was a little shocking to see....but they all did a great job, the effort of the li
ary was well worth the time, even if I didn't wak away with big sales...and there was little traffic. We'll see how the next one goes, I'm looking to hit some city li
aries next and may start looking into some in NYC, which is about 3 hours from me.
Soooo, with all of that said, I am happy with the outcome of my very small exhibit in a small town. :D It got me moving again!
DRAW~ even if no one else understands why~ PAINT~ even if no one believes in you
CREATE~ Lose yourself in your own world ~ Just do it because you love it!
beautifulbay

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:34 pm

Hey, BB, that's wonderful. What a great experience! Thanks for sharing. I'm planning on doing something similar, just a small art show, with 20 other artists and craftspeople in March. I'm curious to see how it goes. I jumped into this because it's small and intimate.
Erika Takacs