A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

So happy to have found this site....critic away

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

So happy to have found this site....critic away

Postby katvision » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:56 pm

I am Very new to this wonderful site and so far Im really enjoying everything it has to offer. I am a artist but when away from painting and drawing for some time. Recently I Just finished a little something that just came about and thought I would share and see what anyone things. I went to college for Graphic art and Commercial Design, unfortunitly it wasn't for me. So now I just enjoy painting and drawing for fun. Although my goal is to hang some of my work in a near by gallery sometime this year and also enter a contest on this very site. Thanks for all your critiques and good luck to all the Artist out there! One more thing. My goal last year was to design my own art studio out of my spare bedroom, well I am now all set up and it has really helped me to become inspired again to do what I love to do!
Attachments
katvision

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: So happy to have found this site....critic away

Postby Singular » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Nice work so far. As the painting progresses, consider varying the values as you move from the horizon line to the foreground so that it creates a sense of depth. Things far away will not have the same value as things close to us. Keep up the good work.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: So happy to have found this site....critic away

Postby katvision » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:31 pm

Thank you for the comment. I will definitely work on that technique. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a message. I am honored you of all people have wrote to me. Hope to hear from you in the future. Thanks again.
katvision