A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

The Drone #1 - FINISHED

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

The Drone #1 - FINISHED

Postby ZmanArt007 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Hello everyone, Zack here.

I'm currently working on this thing using my new Wacom Intuous drawing tablet. It's basically just a character reference of the main character of the graphic novel that I'm writing. I'll post all the pics I have so far. Feel free to tell me what you think!

Here's the original sketch. I'm currently living away from home and without a scanner, so I had to photograph it to put it on my computer.

Next I traced it with my tablet and colored it. I was having trouble deciding the color scheme I wanted, so I made two versions.

I decided on the second version. So far, I've improved some of the outline and line work, but I'm not finished yet.

Please feel free to criticize. I am a grown man and I can take it. I'll update soon!

Thanks,

- ZebrACloaK
Last edited by ZmanArt007 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZmanArt007

Re: The Drone #1

Postby ZmanArt007 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:43 pm

Here's an update, I'm working on the shading. I'm not sure if it looks any good... Shading is not my strong point. Can anyone give me some feedback on this?

ZmanArt007

Postby www-ksart-se » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:53 am

Work further on the shading. So it will be easier to comment .
I also feel that should be pretty big dark parts of shadows. With the sun where it is. (If you do not have more light sources.)

But i am no pro on this stuff! =) Just what it looks like for me.

Keep it going!
www-ksart-se

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby ZmanArt007 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:35 pm

Thanks,

I finished the shading, as far as I can tell. I can change it any improve it if you have suggestions.

Let me know what you think. I'm going to start working on a simple background.

-ZebrACloaK
ZmanArt007

Postby www-ksart-se » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:18 am

Hi. The helmet and the neck needs a sharper shadows. Light on one side and dark on the second if I interpret the picture right.
I see that you did the breastplate in that way. Would also shade the neck some.

I think you understand how shadows work. You just need to take some time to review your work.

I always miss a lot of things when I'm working on something intensely. So what I do is I let it lie for a few days and come back to it. With new eyes.

Cheers!
www-ksart-se

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby ZmanArt007 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:47 pm

www-ksart-se wrote:Hi. The helmet and the neck needs a sharper shadows. Light on one side and dark on the second if I interpret the picture right.
I see that you did the breastplate in that way. Would also shade the neck some.

I think you understand how shadows work. You just need to take some time to review your work.

I always miss a lot of things when I'm working on something intensely. So what I do is I let it lie for a few days and come back to it. With new eyes.

That's some good advice, thank you! I am going to call this one finished for now, and I'll review and improve it at a later date.

Here is the "finalized" version. Presenting: The Drone.

The background is very basic but I'm not worried about it. This is basically a character reference image, so the background's not that important.

Thanks,

- ZebrACloaK
ZmanArt007