A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

The Truth About Cherubim

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

The Truth About Cherubim

Postby Andrews001 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:49 pm

This piece might be a painting...maybe a graphite drawing...Not sure. A little background on why I wanted to make this kind of piece: I am currently reading on Angel mythology and religious history. Cherubim aren't the cute fat little babies people like to portray them as. In the book of Ezekiel in the Bible, it talks of how cherubim actually look like. I wanted to make my own rendition of that. I hope it turns out well.

Note:

Ezekiel 10:14
Each of the four cherubim had four faces: the first was the face of an ox, the second was a human face, the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.
Attachments
Andrews001

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: The Truth About Cherubim

Postby Singular » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi Arobelle, I look forward to seeing this done.

Best of luck!
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Andrews001 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:45 pm

I need advice on background. I decided to paint...but I know I need to refine the details and figure out the background. Thank you in advance
Attachments
Andrews001

Postby jenn_iam » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:55 pm

careful not to lose your details .. the Ox looks a bit dark... Its better to apply your colors in layers... not try to get a solid coat the first go.. Im guessing you are painting in acrylic? your background could be anything.. solid or sky blues... could be a golden.. like a glow with light beams emanating from behind to the edges of the panel. I would stay away from the grays or black, I think it would mute the figure somewhat... and give it a less than heavenly look. Just my 2cents. :)
Keep it up...
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby nebularyder » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:30 pm

I saw your drawing, and thought ooh this sounds interesting, then I scrolled and saw your painting and wow, your colours are amazing!! So vibrant which is what is needed for angelic themes! I'd be interested to know your medium.
nebularyder