A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

C u t | Work in progress

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

C u t | Work in progress

Postby SashaGeorgeArt » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:18 pm

I generally post my work in progress on my facebook pages. However, I thought today I'd share it on Singular creation Art family.

I have two pieces of artwork in design. 'Cut' as I title it,the one I'm presenting to you today, is taking presidence. Its an emotional piece that I need to get out of my system. You know that type of art piece, or emotion, that continues to eat at you. All you know how to do is present it in in a new limelight. Least thats what an artistic soul does.

I know how individuals love the progress report. Here it is thus far. Model is myself. I'm working on the focal point which is me, and changing the appearances. I had to pick up a historic costume book templates to give me a time period for the dress I'm producing. Afterwards I start to work in the background effects to balance the focal point.

Enjoy.
Sasha
SashaGeorgeArt

Re: C u t | Work in progress

Postby SashaGeorgeArt » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:36 pm

I'm nearly finished working on the hair. Adding highlights in area's I think the light will be directed. Once I am confident with this first phase. I'm going to start designing the background. I'm enjoying the slow building of this. Hope your enjoying the progress.
SashaGeorgeArt

Postby jenn_iam » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:09 pm

this is looking great.. I like the pose and flow of skirting. Interesting choice to keep the hair color the same as the dress rather than a contrasting color... but I like it as well too. Great texture applied as well as fabric design... going to look great as it progresses. :)
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby SashaGeorgeArt » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Thank you Jenn. The best part about color in any artwork for photoshop. You can always change it as you work along. Though I wish I could be this drastic in oil painting. *laughs* Appreciate you taking a look as it progresses.
SashaGeorgeArt