A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Downtown area wip

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Downtown area wip

Postby bpier » Wed May 04, 2011 10:14 pm

I decided I wanted to try a downtown scene as the sun was almost down. This is a downtown area near me with the li
ary in the background and it was just getting dark but enough light left to make out the BG and the building silouette. I wanted to get an honest opinion on this before I go any further although theres not much left to do but the parked cars which are going to be the hardest part for me...I'm terrible at painting vehicles and that could make or
eak this.
Brian
Attachments
wip.jpg
wip.jpg (89.8 KiB)
bpier

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu May 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Wow, Brian, what you got is amazing, really! I agree something is needed on the road, not necessarily cars though. People, a cat running across, objects put on the curb, etc. Actually, some of those would make the painting even more mysterious, which already is with the streetlights on. Take a look at deChirico streetscapes, if you don't already know them. He was a master at this.
Erika Takacs

Postby BYart » Fri May 06, 2011 10:29 am

I agree WOW! :D I also agree with Erika that something is needed on the road(as you are going to do), but i would add maybe a couple walking their dog? Don't know about where you live, but in my area, Downtown at dark is pretty much deserted for cars, as there aren't any residential zoned areas.
Hey...how about a street vendor, pushing his cart, leaving the downtown area? Just another thought..
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby nigelartist » Sat May 07, 2011 1:58 pm

I think this artwork is simply wonderful.

A real pleasure to the eye.

Even though the trees seem autumnal the painting still gives off a warmth and I love how you have painted the sky.

Adding extras I leave to your imagination...meditate on it!
nigelartist

Postby krysta11 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:58 am

Hello Brian,

As soon as I opened your topic my eyes nearly came out from my head.
OMG!!! What a beautiful painting. For me it looks finished but I am sure you will highlight trees and add some people on the footpath .I really love your art. What a talent!!
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby amachristian » Tue May 10, 2011 3:39 pm

This painting is
eathtaking! I realize it's your painting so if you want cars in it I understand but to me, I would leave them out as it seems so complete just as it is. It leaves room for wondering what it looks like mid day when the hustle and bustle is going on. I do agree that possibly a cat running across the road or an elderly couple walking hand in hand, just some simple touch such as that added in would be perfect. Either way, I love this painting and think you have a great piece of work even if you called it done right where it is.
Sheri
amachristian

Postby oilpainter2247 » Sun May 29, 2011 8:51 pm

hey
ien ,,,,,,,,,is the painting as wide as you show here ............if the street does not look that wide in the real life painting i would not do a thing

are you getting what i am saying ............ but in all you did a nice job on this one for sure
oilpainter2247

Postby sablewand » Mon May 30, 2011 1:36 pm

very nice work, this picture is amazing! just feels like it needs someone or something to enjoy this dreamy place like a couple holding hands or an animal or two, kids well i am sure what ever you do this picture will just be wonderful.
~Every day that I am able to make my art, is a good day indeed~ DeVonna
sablewand

Blog: View Blog (4)