A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

I'm back with a? You guessed it an Orchid

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm back with a? You guessed it an Orchid

Postby saphyre » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:25 am

So I've been gone for a long time. I tell people I lost my inspiration when they asked why I didn't do art anymore. I'm not sure if that was the reason or not but i just didn't get all that excited anymore about it, I focused more on my family and work, which wasn't bad but still a little depressing. So now I found my MOJO again and here is the start of my newest huge orchid piece. its about 48inches long and 33 inches wide, pastel on black paper. Right now I have it taped to some cardboard but I'm going to get a smooth board in few days and then work on it some more. The cardboard is making me mad with its coregated groves messing up my pastel. lol [/img]
Attachments
WIP orchid 2.jpg
Rouch sketch 2, a bit bigger so you can see the details. this is where I found out cardboard a good backing does not make.
WIP orchid 2.jpg (52.42 KiB)
WIP orchid.jpg
Rough sketch 1.
WIP orchid.jpg (7.16 KiB)
In this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, ancient and inexhaustable. ~the Dhammapada
saphyre

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby demac » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:39 am

Hi what happened to this have you progressed as I would like to see the end result.

:D

Deanne :@)
demac

Postby saphyre » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:09 am

Actually I had to start it over and plan on doing some this weekend. I maybe trying my hand at some paint instead of the pastel but I'll see when I get to the art store tomorrow if thats what I want or just get the paper I need. ^.^
In this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, ancient and inexhaustable. ~the Dhammapada
saphyre

Postby Angie Vest » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:37 am

Can't wait to see what you come up with I love orchids.

Angie
Angie Vest

Postby kcortese » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Best of luck with your pastel painting. You should NEVER use a textured surface to work on, the pastel will pick it up and sometimes impossible to get out. Believe me, I know because I've done that myself.

Don't give up on your art.

Karen
kcortese