A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Grandma and Her soldiers

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Grandma and Her soldiers

Postby krysta11 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:22 am

Hello everybody,

I am working very hard on this unique,historical portrait of Grandma from Bartoszyce, Poland. She is known by many, many priests, who during the communists power were forced to join the army . Clerics- soldiers always felt very welcome to Her home. She was called by them Grandma Clericka .
Grandma from Bartoszyce was a very wonderful woman.

I have some more work to do here. Just wanted to share my new painting with you.
Thanks a lot for comments and suggestions. Do not look at hands. They are not done yet.

Krysta

http://asingularcreation.com/Gallery/al ... ed%7E5.JPG
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby xxbreezy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:56 am

Hi Krysta
I have looked at this piece several times and have just a few suggestions. I would make the
own around the door all the same size. The left side is somewhat larger. The man on the left is almost perfect but the man in green looks rather flat...lacks depth. I see that you have tried to make him look more real but needs just a little more work. Grandma looks pretty good.... really!!! Maybe just a little "squatt" for lack of a better term...lol!! Its a lovely story and you've capture the feel wonderfully and the expressions of the people in this piece show happiness ....well done. But I really feel you could go further with this piece to make it outstanding!!!!
Linda
xxbreezy

Postby Menolly » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Wonderful painting! You can always tell when a piece of art has a real story behind it - there's more life in it. I wish I had a story like that in my family! You must be proud.
Menolly

Postby krysta11 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:07 pm

xx
eezy wrote:
Hi Krysta
I have looked at this piece several times and have just a few suggestions. I would make the
own around the door all the same size. The left side is somewhat larger. The man on the left is almost perfect but the man in green looks rather flat...lacks depth. I see that you have tried to make him look more real but needs just a little more work. Grandma looks pretty good.... really!!! Maybe just a little "squatt" for lack of a better term...lol!! Its a lovely story and you've capture the feel wonderfully and the expressions of the people in this piece show happiness ....well done. But I really feel you could go further with this piece to make it outstanding!!!!
Linda

Hello Linda,

Thank you my friend for all your suggestions. I am still working on this piece and also can see a lot of mistakes I have done. I will use your help for sure. Thank you darling.

I have done some changes but still it is not finished.
Big hug krysta

http://asingularcreation.com/Gallery/al ... edited.JPG
krysta11

Postby krysta11 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:17 pm

Menolly, I love you girl.

You are always so gentle and appreciating other works. Thanks a lot for your comment . This work is still in progress.

krysta
krysta11

Postby Harmonygirl » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:50 am

Krysta,

Looks great! I love your style. Always have. This piece is getting better and better with every addition you make. Keep up the amazing work.

Shannon
art comes from the soul

harmonyinart.webs.com
harmony-in-art.blogspot.com
Harmonygirl

Grandma

Postby rrsum » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:23 am

Krysta, what a great story behind this painting!

I see the subtle changes in the painting from picture to picture. It's coming along nicely. Keep up the good work!
Rich Summers
rrsum

Postby BYart » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:27 pm

K,
Wonderful story, how neat to have such history associated with yet another beautiful Krysta painting!
Coming along nicely, can't wait to see finished piece.
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby xxbreezy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Great job on the changes Krysta!! Looking amazing!!
Linda
xxbreezy

Postby krysta11 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:29 am

Harmonygirl wrote:Krysta,

Looks great! I love your style. Always have. This piece is getting better and better with every addition you make. Keep up the amazing work.

Shannon

OMG! Shannon !!

I didn't see you much here lately. You must be very busy my friend. :)

Hello sweet girl,

Thank you so much for your supportive words.
big hug
krysta

Dear Rich,

Thank you very much. I am still working on my master piece

:lol: :lol: . Not much left to be done. I feel very frustrated when I am doing hands. Big job. :x

My dear Barb,

Thank God you are back. I was mising your comments very much.
Thanks a lot for your support.

krysta

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Linda I am laughing and you know why?????

You are a good artist- carpenter. You fixed my door. It was the first time I painted door, priest and soldiers. :lol: :lol:
You helped me a lot, girl. I did everything you told me to do. Thank you !

I hope it is much , much better now. I like this painting for many reasons. I am a bit sad because we have a very bad weather and my image is not clear. Original looks much better.

Love you all

krysta

http://asingularcreation.com/Gallery/al ... 010136.JPG
krysta11

Postby xxbreezy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:31 am

LOL Krysta...you made me laugh!!! I was afraid I was being to critical and I wasn't trying to be. Hands are hard to do and like I told you before, look at your hands or someone else's for comparison and it may take a very small detail
ush to get it right. I used to paint on small crafts I made and that seemed to work the best for me. But it looks great!!! Keep it up!!!
Linda
xxbreezy

Postby weirdpuckett » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:35 am

Krysta, I love the way that you can make situations a unique and personal signature! Even soldiers in war time u can make whimsical and with a "child-likeness" . . .I love that about your work . . .Your nature really shines through in it! Your work has a unique flavor that I love!
weirdpuckett

Postby krysta11 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:02 pm

xx
eezy wrote:
LOL Krysta...you made me laugh!!! I was afraid I was being to critical and I wasn't trying to be. Hands are hard to do and like I told you before, look at your hands or someone else's for comparison and it may take a very small detail
ush to get it right. I used to paint on small crafts I made and that seemed to work the best for me. But it looks great!!! Keep it up!!!
Linda

Thank you Linda!!
krysta11

Postby krysta11 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:04 pm

weirdpuckett wrote:Krysta, I love the way that you can make situations a unique and personal signature! Even soldiers in war time u can make whimsical and with a "child-likeness" . . .I love that about your work . . .Your nature really shines through in it! Your work has a unique flavor that I love!

Hi Mike,

As always your comment is very positive. Thank you!

K.
krysta11

Postby Menolly » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:34 pm

Hey, Krysta. Just thought I'd let you know you've inspired me a bit - I signed up for an introductory painting class next semester.
Menolly

Postby krysta11 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:50 pm

Menolly, sweetheart,

I am really proud of you , you did it. I am sure you will be better painter than me. I am wishing you all the best. And thank you so much for making me a bit responsible for your decision.
Big hug M.
:D
K.
krysta11

Return to Works In Progress