A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Pastel of Bull

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby weirdpuckett » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:39 pm

I love this pastel!! You did a good job on it and yes . . .It is finished and looks great!! The bull speaks thru that mist-which makes this work by the way . . ..Good job!
weirdpuckett

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby krysta11 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:33 pm

Karen I love this pastel too. I think it is one of your best paintings. Congrats!
big hug
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby kcortese » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:34 am

You nice people do wonders for my morale and inspiration. Once again, it's because of ALL you that I started doing artwork again after 25 years.

I am still rusty, can't draw as good or fast as I used to. But it's coming back.

When I was in high school, I wanted to be an illustrator, my mother didn't want to help me get into a good art school, she said it was a waste of time. So I never went, I somehow resent her for that. I lost out on a great deal of learning different mediums and techniques. I continued struggling doing art on my own. I have sold and given away numerous pieces which I can't count. They are out there someplace.

I think that this summer, I'm going into the forest and paint some fantastic scenes there. I will need to purchase another drawing board and carrying case again because I gave all my art supplies to my daughter-in-law.

Enough babbling, Later

Karen
kcortese

Postby Menolly » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Hey, Karen; I sympathize with your struggle. My grandparents never supported my mother's artistic efforts, either - even when she was offered a full scholarship to go to art school. She even came home one day to find someone had 'accidentally'
oken her easel. I try to encourage her to go back to it but I think the joy was really taken out of it for her. I'm glad to see you were able to get back into it.
Menolly

Postby kcortese » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:38 am

Menolly:

Sounds like your mother and I have something in common. I assume you are in art school? Well, at least YOUR mother is supporting you.

Thank you for the kind reply.

Karen
kcortese

Postby BYart » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi Karen!
As usual, you've created a beautiful, inspiring piece!
Best of luck in your new job, but please find the time for your artwork, anything less would be a great loss as you are very talented.
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby Harmonygirl » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:53 am

This is so dramatic, I love it sooo much! Great work!!!!!!

Awesome... (insert swear word) awesome!

shannon
art comes from the soul

harmonyinart.webs.com
harmony-in-art.blogspot.com
Harmonygirl

Previous